Passports, Tipping, and Dining options?

Bixa525

Myself and three other adults are looking at sailing to Bermuda for 6 nights in August with 7 high functioning mentally handicapped adults. My first question is we will sail out of Baltimore MD to Bermuda and return to Baltimore MD so do we need passports? My second question is we prefer to not have to dress up for any of the formal dinners, so what are our options for casual dining? My third question is we will have 4 Interior staterooms so what would we tip the staff for each room and also what do you tip at the casual dining places for each day? We will be on Royal Caribbean Enchantment Of The Seas.

Myself and three other adults are looking at sailing to Bermuda for 6 nights in August with 7 high functioning mentally handicapped adults. My first question is we will sail out of Baltimore MD to Bermuda and return to Baltimore MD so do we need passports? My second question is we prefer to not have to dress up for any of the formal dinners, so what are our options for casual dining? My third question is we will have 4 Interior staterooms so what would we tip the staff for each room and also what do you tip at the casual dining places for each day? We will be on Royal Caribbean Enchantment Of The Seas.

If you are all US citizens you may cruise with a government issued birth certificate (not a hosptial one) and a government photo ID. Of course if something happens you cannot fly home without a passport.

There should be a buffet if you don't want to get dressed up, but nowadays "dressed up" on most main stream lines means nice shirt and nice pants (but RCCL's website should have their dress code in the FAQ). RCCL's tipping guidelines are also on their website http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq.do?cS=NAVBAR&pnav=5&snav=2

The suggested amount for tips is around $11.65 a day per person - that covers everyone including some behind the scenes folks that you would never see. The description says dining room staff but since the staff rotates (they may work the dining room in the evening but the Windjammer or other dining venues during the day) you've got everyone covered. If you have Anytime Dining you will have to pay your tips upfront when you pay for your cruise - otherwise you can have it added to your account on the ship - which to me is the easiest way to do it.

The only thing you might want to have some extra cash for is room service - we usually tip $2 for a light breakfast up to $5 for a larger meal. And we almost always add another $20 or more to our stateroom attendants envelope - not necessary but our stewards have been outstanding.

To give you an idea of the size of the inside cabins here are a couple of pics of our inside on the Radiance.

DSC00389-1.jpg

DSC00390-1.jpg

Not huge but extremely well laid out with lots of storage space.

Thank you Sparky,will the room you have pictured accommodate 3 people per room?

You're welcome. I don't think that particular cabin would but there are some that do. They would have either a fold-out couch or a pull down from the ceiling bed. Check the deck plans - each cabin has a symbol for the number of people, etc.

Archived