Alaska Packing List

CruisinChic

• 1 month later...
I got several pair of smart wool socks from Sierra Trading Post and they were great. I also got some long sleeve shirts with sun protection and ventilation panels for myself and my husband on sale for a great price there that were perfect. They were great for layering. I picked up rain suits for us at Wal-Mart and Big Lots very inexpensively, which was great because we didn't use them! I bought them for the pants, but even on the whale watching trip we didn't need them.

I was surprised at the great prices on jackets and fleeces all along the cruise route. I thought they would be MORE expensive, but instead they were much less than I could pay back in the lower 48. So you can always add more layers if you need them.

What port/shop would you recommend to buy fleece instead of packing them? Where is Sierra Trading Post?

Sierra Trading Post is headquartered in Wyoming. They have been in business for 26 years and have 5 retail stores all in the Western US.

Web site is: http://www.sierratradingpost.com/?afsrc=1&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=PMBING1T&codes-processed=true

They ship quickly and you can call in your order if you prefer. They have one of the shortest wait times of any retailer.

Barb

Archived