Day Pass to Sunset Beach or Hilton Rose Hall

STEELERETTE

I am hoping someone can help me make a decision between a day pass at Sunset Beach or Hilton Rose Hall. We will be sailing on the Allure of the Seas on July 1st. We have two families with four kids. Two boys ages 19 and 18; two girls 14 and 16. Sunset Beach looks really nice, and is less expensive, but looks like it is more for smaller children. Please advise ASAP! Need to book something soon!! Thank you!

• 4 weeks later...

We're sailing Carnival (my first time, I'm a Royal Caribbean loyal customer) and Sunset Beach isn't even offered through the cruise but I am always on the CC boards researching stuff and saw it. I contacted Sunset Beach resort directly and they responded that cruise passenger day passes are $60. I also was not aware that this is geared toward little kids. We're 4 adults so I may have to rethink this.

Can someone give me more information on Sunset Beach?

Just returned from Hilton Rose Hall (Allure June 3). Booked the day pass through Jamaicaforaday dot com. (the website has pricing, information and pictures. Also info about cozumelforaday and other places.)

Our party consisted of me, DH and DS(4). We could choose between Sunset or Hilton. We choose Hilton because the pictures of Sunset seemed that it was more geared to children (we wanted an adult atmosphere) and DS(4) did not have to pay at the Hilton, but we would have had to pay at Sunset. DS(4) had a ball at the Hilton. No regrets.

Hilton Rose Hall (Montego Bay All Inclusive Day Pass)

* paid for transportation- they picked us up right after the ship docked, took about 20 minutes to get to the resort. Had us back at the dock about 2 hours before we had to get back on the ship.

* the resort is beautiful- they have a beach, a large pool and a water park, which is more geared towards adults and older kids. The water park consisted of a nice lazy river (with waterfalls), a swim up bar, a zero entry pool, several hottubs and two waterslides (one large and a series of smaller slides that each land in a different pool of water).

*Towels are available. (no charge)

* Unlimited food and alcoholic beverages are included, as well as non- alcoholic. There are 3 restaurants to choose from and several bars, including the swim up bar.

* There are plenty of loungers and umbrellas along the beach, the pool and the water park. But the prime spots were taken when we arrived.

* We rented a cabana for the day for $50.00. It included 2 large comfortable loungers and small table/nightstand in between. There was a cabana attendent who brought us drinks throughout the day and cold towels. They have several on the beach , about 8 or 10 by the pool and several by the water park. We had one by the water park. We missed getting one on the beach by minutes because we did not know about them until we saw them. This was the icing on the cake for the whole day.

Just returned from Hilton Rose Hall (Allure June 3). Booked the day pass through Jamaicaforaday dot com. (the website has pricing, information and pictures. Also info about cozumelforaday and other places.)

Our party consisted of me, DH and DS(4). We could choose between Sunset or Hilton. We choose Hilton because the pictures of Sunset seemed that it was more geared to children (we wanted an adult atmosphere) and DS(4) did not have to pay at the Hilton, but we would have had to pay at Sunset. DS(4) had a ball at the Hilton. No regrets.

* paid for transportation- they picked us up right after the ship docked, took about 20 minutes to get to the resort. Had us back at the dock about 2 hours before we had to get back on the ship.

* the resort is beautiful- they have a beach, a large pool and a water park, which is more geared towards adults and older kids. The water park consisted of a nice lazy river (with waterfalls), a swim up bar, a zero entry pool, several hottubs and two waterslides (one large and a series of smaller slides that each land in a different pool of water).

* Unlimited food and alcoholic beverages are included, as well as non- alcoholic. There are 3 restaurants to choose from and several bars, including the swim up bar.

* There are plenty of loungers and umbrellas along the beach, the pool and the water park. But the prime spots were taken when we arrived.

* We rented a cabana for the day for $50.00. It included 2 large comfortable loungers and small table/nightstand in between. There was a cabana attendent who brought us drinks throughout the day and cold towels. They have several on the beach , about 8 or 10 by the pool and several by the water park. We had one by the water park. We missed getting one on the beach by minutes because we did not know about them until we saw them. This was the icing on the cake for the whole day.

Thanks for the review. Sounds like you had a great time......nice to hear the cabannas are only fifty bucks.... I have always seen cabannas at places and thought they are out of my price range....... at $25 per person the convenience and the protection from the sun seem well worth it.

I just booked my trip to Hilton Rose Hall on December 11, 2012. I have to say dealing with this company has been such a pleasure and they are incredibly efficient and will ing to answer even the simplest of questions.........if the day at Hilton Rose Halll is half as good as their customer service I think I'm in for a treat!!!!!!

I have been to Sunset Beach many times. I found it very nice. Not just for kids.They have a great swim up bar and unlimited drinks. There are also other beaches and the water is nice, I think there are several nice size pools and there is plenty of activities plus the water park. THere is a nice buffet too.one time it rained and they got out the music and we played music trivia,,, yes there is a water park for kids but the adults liked it too. I would not write off Sunset Beach as being just for kids. We will probably try Rose Hall or just go to Docs Beach next time just because we haven't been there yet. My experience with cab drivers in Jamaica hasn't been all that great - so I am apprehensive about taking a cab to Docs, so we may just head on up to Rose Hall by booking thru jamaicafoaday.com.

Hello Can you tell me if you prepaid for the cabana and had it reserved or if they are first come first serve? I am considering doing this in Feb 2013. Thank you.

Hello Can you tell me if you prepaid for the cabana and had it reserved or if they are first come first serve? I am considering doing this in Feb 2013. Thank you.

First come first serve. When we arrived, and realized that they had them, we went to the spa and rented one. Try to go immediately when you get there so you can have your choice.

Is there anything to do at the Hilton Rose Hall besides water beach/pool activities. I mean if the weather is rainy/stormy is there anything else to do there. They don't refund deposits in inclement weather unless it's a hugh storm but I'm talking about a pouring rain day. Would hate to lose our $70 deposit.

First come first serve. When we arrived, and realized that they had them, we went to the spa and rented one. Try to go immediately when you get there so you can have your choice.

Thank you for the advice. Do you happen to remember how many are available?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived