Hilo, Kauai just returned

cotatica

My friend and I are limited in the walking we can do but these are great. We have been to all the islands several times so didn't need any tours.

I wanted to let you know that in Hilo we got of the ship and walked, not far to a van for a free ride to the Farmer's Market. They only run until 11am. What they would like you to do is sign up for a tour. Not hard sell. We got the last van back to the ship at 10:30 so you have to watch your watch and go early. We got the most beautiful flower arrangement for $6! and some cut fresh flower bunch for $5. They lasted the next 10 days until we got back to SF. I think a big thing that helped was we had a small bottle and misted them daily even a couple times a day.

Kauai, we took the free shuttle to Coconut Market Place. It doesn't have a lot of shops because of the economy but is well kept and at 1pm on some days there is a Hula show which we saw on a Sat. We like to go here because of the Fish Hut. It has the best fish but we go for the Shave Ice. We like it better than JoJo's. Get it with macadamia ice cream and cream on the top! There is a Whaler's there for things you might need.

Archived