Why would I go to a Meet&Mingle?

Good point. I have nothing against it. I guess I just found it a little strange and was curious :) I have been a part of three very active roll calls so far and once everyone returned home and said how they enjoyed the cruise, the roll call fell off the pages never to be resurrected again.

Our last cruise on the Grand Princess, ended on April 21st, and we are still talking and catching up with each other on the roll call! Two couples who met on the Grand, even went to dinner last night since they live nearby to each other!

We were very lucky to have a CC Meet & Greet that was as GRAND as this one was! :)

We attend every M&M for our cruises. There was one disappointing element in each of them. I have never been at a M&M where we introduce ourselves. At the close of the M&M I never really learn who anyone is. I had been chatting with folks for almost a year and couldn't find them in the room. I walked around but ran into total strangers who just registered for the M&M but never posted on the roll call thread. Luckily we scheduled a slot pull and cabin crawl and that's where our die-hard CCers came out. Great time, great folks but we need more input at the actual M&M.

This is a great point, and I had a similar situation on my Allure cruise. Other cruises were we were chatting for year, I made sure to post pictures of my wife and I from previous cruises or mention some things I frequently wear so people would recognize me and feel free to say hi.

Trying to figure out if it's for me or not. Free hors d'oeuvres just isn't enough to convince me. :confused:

The roll-call thread for my sailing shows ALL couples, I'm cruising solo, will I be out of place?

I know how to smile and introduce myself and I'm quite sure I'd be more comfortable with a meet & mingle than some 'singles' function. But what can I expect? Will everyone just be bragging about how many cruises they've been on? Is it just a big rah-rah Royal Caribbean is the best? I just like to meet people, find out where they are from, talk about upcoming excursions, have a drink. (all of which I can do without a formal meeting) Is it truly about meeting and making friends or is it something else?

Hi!

It's not a big rah-rah but if you want to meet people and find out where they are from, it's a starting point.

Since you're traveling solo, you must attend the Solo Traveler's Lunch. Now that's fun! I did both last year and made new friends, one of them actually went on a cruise with me this year!

The Meet & Mingle is not formal (at least mine wasn't), the hors d'oeuvres weren't that great and I think the drinks were basically coke and ornage juice.

But don't miss it. It's very lonely traveling solo and this is a way to meet people to hang out with.

Hope this helped!

Teresa

Hi!

you must attend the Solo Traveler's Lunch. Now that's fun!

Teresa

I didn't even know there was such a thing.....I will look for it on my sailing. Is that something listed in the daily activities that I can just show up for?

Archived