Drink Coupons as Gifts

DragonMouse

We're taking a cruise with some frinds (they are first time cruisers). I know the value of the drink coupons is "negligible" because they're not REALLY good for a free drink just a "discounted" drink.

The question is...would this make a nice like "stocking stuffer" type gift? (SHE likes RUM and drinks HE likes beer...thus the "Corona package is more just for HIM and neither like wine and champagne:rolleyes:) For a "welcome to your first cruise" sort of thing? Or should I just try to get a "bottle" from BVB or whatever it is. (I couldn't find the liquor sales under the gifts and speciality items. Where is it)?

I think the drink coupons would be an excellent "welcome to cruising" gift! Particularly since you pointed out they both like different kinds of beverages so it's hard to get them both their favorites with a single gift. I know I'd be thrilled to get some! :D

you loose money, if you use a drink coupon for beer...

Doesn't that depend on the beer? I looked at the drink prices and there are several beers that are $5.75 and a few that are more.

Doesn't that depend on the beer? I looked at the drink prices and there are several beers that are $5.75 and a few that are more.

My hubby used them for his Guinness on our cruise and they worked wonderfully. He would have ordered something cheaper if I didn't have them so it was great for him to order what he really likes!

when you used the coupons were there many that were over the 5.75? and if it was more could you pay the difference?

Here's what I've learned from the other smarties on this board: Your coupon will cover the 5.75. Anything above that will be charged to your S&S card plus gratuity, the gratuity is only charged on the additional amount, not entire cost.

Took me a few times to understand, but it goes like this:

• Order a $6.75 drink
  • Coupon covers $5.75
  • The additional $1.00 +15% is charged to your S&S, so a total extra charge of $1.15

If there's the slightest bit of savings to be had, it's that without a coupon a $5.75 drink would regularly require something like $0.86 gratuity - but the coupon covers that. (Hope I've got all my math right here! :))

Lots of pricing listed here, as posted before:

http://www.zydecocruiser.net/Carnival-Bar-Menu/CarnivalCruiseBarMenu.htm

Archived