Thoughts of cruising post Oasis

If you read these boards you will see a large number of people are indifferent or just don't like these ships.They are not traveling at capacity or they wouldn't be on happy hour each week at reduced prices. Another factor is the lack of ships in the Carribbean in the summer.RCI and Carnival are almost the only choices.

A lot of people,like us tried it,glad we did,don't plan on doing it again.

I beg to differ with you. When I was on the Oasis last, it was sailing at capacity. There wasn't an open stateroom. Others have also reported that their sailings were full.

I agree that the Oasis/Allure is not for everybody. However, DH and I really enjoyed our time on the Oasis. Only problem, it wasn't long enough - next time, B2B on the Allure.

No. Despite your so-called claims of a mundane itinerary, RCI (and the general masses) do not agree with you.

Ever heard of "Supply & Demand"?

Like any other product and service, RCI is still at the mercy of market forces. And right now, the public demand for Oasis class ships is still high. The hefty price to sail on her is a reflection of that demand.

And since there's no other class of ship in comparison (supply), the Oasis class continues to sail at a capacity that's profitable for RCI.

EEEK!

Ever hear of the word SNARKY?

She did not deserve this.

I will say that when my wife and I sailed the much older and smaller Carnival Miracle a few months after doing the Allure it was a tough adjustment and we really missed a lot of the features that the Oasis class ships offer.

However we did do the Liberty of the Seas in Feb ( had a great time) and have booked the Independence next year. Both are awesome ships that are not too much of a step down from the Oasis Class. I don't think I would be able to do another Caribbean cruise on a much smaller and older ship though

Archived