TS Beryl

VickiD59

I am not a meteorologist but I don’t think it will have any effect on the return of the ship. Beryl is expected to make land fall tonight around Jacksonville, Fl. and quickly dissipate. Should be done and over by Monday.

Not true at all. The official forecast track brings it on shore then turns it back out into the Atlantic by Wednesday around the Carolinas. There will definitely be some rough seas and rain on the Miracle's return to NY.

Maybe some choppy seas but that's about all....

There was just a weather report on the 5:00 news showing that northern FL to SC coast will be affected. Report said to expect "dangerously wild waves". They'll be leaving their last port today, which depending upon which eastern itinerary this cruise was, they'll be departing from either Nassau or Grand Turk to make that two sea day trek home. Yeah.. might be a bumpier ride than usual.

Not true at all. The official forecast track brings it on shore then turns it back out into the Atlantic by Wednesday around the Carolinas. There will definitely be some rough seas and rain on the Miracle's return to NY.

Should be quite bouncy. This storm has just intensified.

Should be quite bouncy. This storm has just intensified.

That biatch Beryl :mad:

I always knew she was up to no good. She better knock it off as I fully intend to be seated n the Lido deck of the Miracle @ 11:00 AM on wednesday.

I am getting on the Carnival Fantasy in Charleston, SC on Tuesday May 29th and it sets sail at 4pm. I am expecting choppy waters and not so fun times the first night.

I have to think they would do the muster drill inside somewhere instead of forcing people to stand outside in high winds and sideways rain!

Tricia

I always knew she was up to no good. She better knock it off as I fully intend to be seated n the Lido deck of the Miracle @ 11:00 AM on wednesday.

I would go too! It will only be a small (but will seem big) portion of the cruise. Just bring your Bonine, ginger pills and cookies, wrist pressure bands, Pepto, scopalamine ear patch...And maybe a FUFU drink. :D

I am getting on the Carnival Fantasy in Charleston, SC on Tuesday May 29th and it sets sail at 4pm. I am expecting choppy waters and not so fun times the first night.

I have to think they would do the muster drill inside somewhere instead of forcing people to stand outside in high winds and sideways rain!

Tricia

As said to another poster, I would get on board too.

Anyone know at what point Charleston (or most ports) would close due to sustained winds? I'm going to be on the Fantasy on the 29th and hope she can pull in Tuesday morning and leave in the evening.

If we are delayed, I have heard of passengers on Carnival getting pro-rated refunds or credits for the lost nights. I'd say if the ship leaves Wednesday instead of Tuesday, we'd head straight for Freeport and skip the first day at sea, and then be prorated for that lost day at sea.

Someone tell me if I'm right on this or am I setting myself up for disappointment.

CJ

Anyone know at what point Charleston (or most ports) would close due to sustained winds? I'm going to be on the Fantasy on the 29th and hope she can pull in Tuesday morning and leave in the evening.

If we are delayed, I have heard of passengers on Carnival getting pro-rated refunds or credits for the lost nights. I'd say if the ship leaves Wednesday instead of Tuesday, we'd head straight for Freeport and skip the first day at sea, and then be prorated for that lost day at sea.

Someone tell me if I'm right on this or am I setting myself up for disappointment.

CJ

You won't have any delay the storm will be over land when you are leaving Tuesday. It will be no worse than any summer storm winds we have here.

The seas will be rough and churned up from the storm so make sure you bring plenty of sea sick meds.

Have a great cruise.

We can sit next to eachother ;)

Archived