Info on Cabin 752 on Grand

Are you asking about Caribe Deck 752? That is the only deck I can find a 752 on the Grand.

If this is the cabin you are looking for info on it means it is an aft category BB balcony cabin.

You will have a larger balcony on the aft but the stateroom should be about the same size as the rest of the balcony cabins.

Twins/Queen bed, one semi-comfortable chair and a desk chair or stool. Bathroom with shower only and lots of closet space.

Any specific questions you might have, I am sure some of us might be able to answer, so ask away!

We had cabin 753 on the Star (same configuration). Awesome! It's out of the flow of traffic, so very quiet. Not staggered like the port/starboard sides, so more private. Fantastic views! Can't beat it!

It's our first choice when booking on these ships!

:)

Just off the Grand in March. Loved cabin Caribe 752.

Booked on Golden for next March in Caribe 753.

Lots of privacy. One neighbour to your left in the suite.

Hardly anyone walks in your hallway.

Cabin same size as others but balcony a bit larger...depth because it is at the very back of the ship.

Noise from wake we found soothing .... others may not. Like the sound of an air conditioner.

2 lounge chairs, 2 upright chairs and small table and stool were on the balcony. We asked cabin steward for the lounge chairs first day.

The bathroom, shower are smaller than I expected and I didn't find the closet very big compared to other ships I sailed on. There is a mini bar, dressing table, queen/2twin beds.

Not much space to walk in room. Chair at vanity and chair infront of sliding patio door.

Some sun, not windy, and a fully covered balcony. Hope this helps. I loved this room and will try for it again. But I realize some would not like the aft, a bit more movement than midship.

info I have....

232 sq feet cabin per Princess rep who looked it up for me, and he said the C752 balcony is the largest of B class cabins, 9ft x 10 ft. Fully covered. Not a wraparound, but a full view of the aft. Engine vibrations called "definite" by some, "slight" by others. One poster said on their stay, the vibrations shook the hangers off the pole. All mention the amazing view, soothing sounds of the wake, and the quiet locale.

thanks to the poster (can't remember who it was) who put up the link to the photos.

Be warned, the outdoor speaker for announcements is on your balcony (literally). At the end of the hall, it is usually pretty quiet... until that %@$#@ loudspeaker cranks in with some unimportant announcement.

Look at the photos in Toto's link. See the three spots on the ceiling of the balcony with the flag? One's a loudspeaker.

muse clio,

Let me know how you like the cabin when you return from your cruise.

Thanks!

Actually Looney4cruising, you'll be in the cabin in December, we'll follow you later in May. Leave the light on for us, will ya? And let me know if the loudspeaker is a problem. No one else has mentioned it yet....

thanks!

We had C752 on the Star in January. I forgot all about the loudspeaker until it was mentioned here. Had it been a big problem I'm sure I would have remembered it sooner. We loved the cabin, balcony and location. I am prone to motion sickness and it was a rough ride that week. I did take Bonine and I did still feel the motion not only in the cabin but throughout the ship.I would book that cabin again in a heartbeat..enjoy...

<begin joking> DAH is an electrician. I'll just ask him to pack a pair of wire clippers for a pre-cruise loudspeaker disconnection and a couple of wire nuts for a post-cruise reconnection & repair ;) </end joking>

now watch, we'll miss the important announcements, and folks will ask us "how COULD you guys NOT hear that???" :D

Thank you for sharing those photos of C752. We have C752 and C753 booked on the Golden for the Med/Greek Isle cruise 9/23/06. Can't wait!!!

It's going to be so awesome to have that view as we leave each port in Europe.

we will be on the caribe deck -C639.are all the people on this page on the same deck. maybe the cruise line knows something and wants us isolated.

just counting the days. We will be aboard ship on friday the 24th.

what time is sundown? keep those cards and letters coming;fellow campers.

charleskatz@comcast.net

Sorry to be the sour-puss... well... actually I'm not that sorry. I hate seeing the demand for my favorite cabins go through the roof so that it's harder for me to get them. In all seriousness, even with the loudspeaker as a minor nuisance, I'd take that cabin again in a heartbeat. The sliding doors are fairly well soundproofed and the only time it really bugged me is when we were leaving the door open. Have a great cruise!

Well, everyone pretty much summed it up. We were in C752 for our Med cruise last year and LOVED the cabin!!!! The loud speaker did not bother us at all, however the walk to anything was quite long. . . we actually enjoyed it though- we got to walk off all of the meals along the way;) .

The one thing we definitely noticed was the noise of the engine vibration. It was not at all an issue except we had to take the empty hangers off of the closet rods because they kept clanging against each other. Once we did that it was smooth sailing!

The balcony is great! It's definitely bigger than a normal Caribe balcony because you get the extra depth and width from being on the back/side of the ship. It was also nice because you only have one neighbor.

We had great views pulling into Venice that we will never forget and we actually liked the proximity to the speaker. It wasn't intrusive when we didn't want to listen, but when there was something interesting we could actually hear it (which was great because we had an author of European travel books on our cruise who introduced every port).

Long story short - you will love the cabin! Enjoy your cruise!

Ooooh yeah, I forgot about the incessant clacking of the coathangers in that room. Just dreadful. We had to take the hangers down too. It was just horrible taking each one of those hangers down one by one by one.... The hangers just absolutely ruined that cruise! :P

Ooooh yeah, I forgot about the incessant clacking of the coathangers in that room. Just dreadful. We had to take the hangers down too. It was just horrible taking each one of those hangers down one by one by one.... The hangers just absolutely ruined that cruise! :P

Hmmm.... BullinOhio, i can feel your pain.... ;)

So i think we'll just pack a C752 emergency support kit. One pair of wire clippers to disconnect the loudspeaker, one package of bonine for each of us, one batt of foam insulation for the hangers, two of those motorized scooters for the long walk, and about 30 rolls of film for the incredible views everyone speaks of. Oh yes, and we'll ask for extra long lounge chairs so we can really S-T-R-E-T-C-H out on that Xtra long balcony. Hmmm... and i guess we better throw in some party stuff for all the folks who will be dropping by for the view.....

Seriously folks, thanks for all the input, and thanks to those folks who could just as easily have said that C752 was a LOUSY cabin! Our first cruise (and our honeymoon) is going to be even more wonderful for all the help and kindness you've shown...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived