Swiss Jewel cabins

Northern Residence

We are very excited about out first River Cruise with Tauck in October. The size of the cabin(150 square ft) concerns me. Could I have comments from those who have sailed on her? Tauck is considered very highly and is booked heavily so I'm hoping my concerns are groundless. Would appreciate some input.

Yours is a concern that I think many may have. We travelled in her sister ship MS Treasures last September and the vessels are laid out identically. In my CC review I did upon returning I noted this .....

"Now I have to admit that before we booked our cruise the only thing that worried us was the size of the cabin 150sq ft. Our fears were misplaced. The cabin is so well designed that its size became irrelevant. There is a huge amount of storage space and the bags fit nicely under the bed. The bathroom is beautifully appointed with the most modern equipment but to be fair it is only a one person at a time bathroom."

I really don't think you'll have any problems and like us will wonder why we worried in the first place. You'll have a great holiday because you are travelling with a first rate company.

Hi Northern Residence,

I agree with Ozjohnno and Host Sheila, we were concerned about the size of the cabin also. It was fine and we are going on our second river boat cruise with Tauck in August. We had adequate space for all our personal items and spent very little time in the cabin as we docked every morning in a new village or town. We made the mistake of booking another company last year and had a much larger cabin, but had a disappointing experience. Thus, we are back to Tauck's river boats from now on.

Sheila M.

Hi again Northern Residence,

Go to you tube and put in Tauck European River Cruises so you can see videos of their river cruises. There's one on their website as well as a Message Board. You might find someone on your river cruise there.

Sheila

Archived