Norweigan Sun - your thoughts please!

kimbtech

If anyone has cruised about the Norweigan Sun, I'd appreciate their thoughts. Friends, my husband and myself are sailing about her on November 6/05, departing from New Orleans? Any input would be appreciated.

If anyone has cruised about the Norweigan Sun, I'd appreciate their thoughts. Friends, my husband and myself are sailing about her on November 6/05, departing from New Orleans? Any input would be appreciated.

The Sun is one of the best ships in the NCL fleet. It has a very loyal following and few complaints. Moving the Sun to NOLA is a great move for those in the area. I have cruised on the Sun twice and would be move then happy to do it again.

Do a search and you will find lots of information on this board. Here is a link to a thread I started after my Alaska cruise last summer. There are pictures on the link below - more of Alaska then the ship

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=74347

I echo Shoreguy's comments. Ive cruised the Sun twice and am booked again out of New Orleans next April. It is a great ship with a great crew, and having cruised from New Orleans on the Nieuw Amsterdam years ago, what a great departure and return port. Imagine the pier only three blocks from the French Quarter! :eek:

We were on the Sun the end of March, we have not been on many cruises so are not in a position to compair, but the Sun is beautiful, well maintained and with a great crew, what more could you want?

Thank-you everyone for your input. I appreciate it. It's nice to know that the Sun is so well thought of. It makes waiting all that much harder! This will our third NCL cruise. The last two were terrific - Dream in Europe and the Wind in Alaska. Thanks again.

We've sailed her twice, once in an AB suite and once in a regular oceanview cabin. Both cruises (Western Carribean and Alaska) were highly enjoyable and I have no trouble recommending the ship.

Dan

We've been on the Sun twice (6/02 and 10/04) (Same cruise/same cabin!) And.. we're going again Oct. 16th except now from New Orleans instead of Miami. We love this ship and crew. I would like to hear from anyone who knows who the current cruise director is and what the shows are like now...anyway, enjoy!

The Sun was our first cruise, our 25th anniversary. And we loved it. We did the Sun again last Nov.and it was just as nice as the first time. Have a great time.

Archived