Cabin door

ellamalta

Has anyone ever come up with any way to lock the cabin door (door to the corridor)? I do not fancy putting on an alarm, cause if my 1 1/2 yr old little trickster opens the door, he can still get his little hand caught inside it. Please help!

I'm not sure why ships don't have some form of chain/bar...perhaps, because in rough weather, it could engage and lock you out totally!

The doors are pretty heavy...I know my 1 1/2 year old couldn't have opened it. You could always put the suitcase in front of it, so that would have to be moved before the door would open....that would give you time to reprimand the child! Unless you're in a big suite, you are no more than steps away from any part of the cabin!

I jammed some cardboard into the crack of the door up high enough that our little one couldnt reach, like a wedge between the doorfame and the door, made it really tough to open it unless you pulled that out first, and beeing up high she couldnt reach it.

Try That, it may work for you also.

The suitcase is out of question, cause it would be empty, therefore not heavy. The wedge seems like a v gd idea. Ill try that out. Thx so v much. Yes, I will be v close, but by the time I catch him, he might have already closed the door on his fingers!

I remember the doors being quite heavy. Much too heavy for a toddler, IIRC. However, what we did do was to put the full stroller right in front of the door - there's not too much room in front of the door since the closet is on one side, and the bathroom is on the other side - and DS didn't have the dexterity at that age (1 yr 9 mo) to maneuver the stroller out of the way.

Archived