Customer Service Issues

We are booked on an upcoming Victory sailing. When I tried to complete our Funpass online, the system would not recognize my parents as past cruisers, but it would me. The weird thing is that we have been on the same amount of cruises with Carnival. Anyway, so it did give me a number to call to inquire about this. So, I called and waited over 20 minutes on hold before ever speaking with someone. As far as I am concerned, I think a company that is making as much bank as Carnival is can afford more customer service reps so that does not happen. Sorry, back to the topic, when I finally did get somene, she seemed to barely speak English. I explained my problem to her and she said that it was just a glich in the system and would not matter. She was very rude about it in fact and seemed bothered that I had called on such a trivial issue. Also, I asked why some people received the 45 day letter and some people do not, I guess I was just being curious. She said that it was just a lottery and that they could do not do it for every guest. I really could care less about the gift, but what is done for some should be done for all. So, making a long story short, does the past guest issue mean anything except for being invited to the snoozer of a past guest party? Also, we are booked in a GTY, so would being a past guest matter with getting an upgrade? I've sent several emails to Carnival about different issues other than this, and have never had a response and frankly, I'm just tired of their customer service!

does the past guest issue mean anything except for being invited to the snoozer of a past guest party?

No.

Also, we are booked in a GTY, so would being a past guest matter with getting an upgrade?

No.

Right now being a past guest with Carnival means nothing. Yes you get that little party but that is it. I would not worry about what the website states. I still have three different past guest numbers and I finally gave up a couple years ago on trying to get it straight.

Archived