Cunard/Princess Captain Shakeup

QueensFan

Ok, just a few bits of information that I have been able to piece together from my contacts with the company:

Captain Perkins will join Sea Princess on May 28th for a short stint before moving back to Cunard and onto QE2.

Captain McNaught will join Sun Princess in a few months after his contract on QE2 finishes.

Captain Wright will join Diamond Princess in a good couple of months - he is due to return to QM2 next month.

Captain Warner and Captain Rynd of Diamond and Sapphire Princess will move over to Cunard when their next contracts finish.

Captain Romano is due on leave shortly, so Caribbean Princess will have a Relief Captain (probably Captain Nash) in early August.

I hope this helps...if anything changes, I'll let you know! :D

"Rui was our head waiter on the Coral last September.."

How can someone go DOWN from being Maitre 'D to Head Waiter??? We have had Rui quite a few times as Maitre'D on different Princess ships in the past.

We are on the Golden July/Aug. - anyone know the Maitre"D and/or the Captain???

Thanks, :D Renee

Ok, just a few bits of information that I have been able to piece together from my contacts with the company:

Captain Perkins will join Sea Princess on May 28th for a short stint before moving back to Cunard and onto QE2.

Captain McNaught will join Sun Princess in a few months after his contract on QE2 finishes.

Captain Wright will join Diamond Princess in a good couple of months - he is due to return to QM2 next month.

Captain Warner and Captain Rynd of Diamond and Sapphire Princess will move over to Cunard when their next contracts finish.

Captain Romano is due on leave shortly, so Caribbean Princess will have a Relief Captain (probably Captain Nash) in early August.

I hope this helps...if anything changes, I'll let you know! :D

Andy,

Maybe you can check out this information which varies a bit with what you've learned. The following was posted on a Yahoo board yesterday:

I know that Chris Wells, Staff Captain on the QUEEN MARY (who was with the ship at St. Nazaire during construction) has been transferred, as well. I hear that Captain Wright will be serving on the CORAL PRINCESS on the Alaska itinerary starting in June or July. Captain McNaught is still on QE2 and will be transferred for his next contract. Evidently, Nick Bates and David Perkins will be captains of the QE2. They were the captains of the CARONIA prior to her expulsion from the fleet so they have many years of Cunard experience. Both served as staff captains on the QE2 prior to their CARONIA experience. Nick Bates has been relief Captain on QE2 since CARONIA left.

Thanks, Mike

"Rui was our head waiter on the Coral last September.."

How can someone go DOWN from being Maitre 'D to Head Waiter??? We have had Rui quite a few times as Maitre'D on different Princess ships in the past.

We are on the Golden July/Aug. - anyone know the Maitre"D and/or the Captain???

Thanks, :D Renee

Renee, I think what happens is that Rui Periera is a "fill-in" Maitre'd, he covers for vacationing Maitre'd (s). He was covering for Generoso last October on the Coral. This gives him proper training until he is assigned his own ship.

This happened to one of our favorite Maitre'd, Silvio Zampiere who we met on the Ocean Princess in 2001(while he was covering for a vacationing Maitre'd) before he was assigned to his own ship (Tahitian Princess).

Archived