Anyone have Infinity Alaska Dailies, 2012 season?

CarolinaMamma

I know the Alaska season has just started, but wondering if anyone from the first cruise or two could post dailies from the Infinity.

I found another thread with dailies from 2010,

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1254477

and am wondering if this year is fairly similar. I'd love to know more about which shows are which nights so I can pick a good night for specialty dining, and of course when the Brent Nixon talks are so we don't miss any of those.

Thanks to anyone who can help.

^^^^ OK, so like, FlyingHonu, you just became my new best friend. If I could buy you a martini from the bar, I wouldn't hesitate. Thank you so much for taking the time to post these. It is so very helpful with our cruise leaving in two weeks.

You know, you have to wonder why =X= doesn't send people a link so that they could print out their own dailies for their upcoming cruise, say, a week before the cruise. That would be awesome, wouldn't it? Someone email Dan-the-man-Hanrahan and give him the idea!

FlyingHonu,

Thanks so much for posting the dailies. I was trying to figure out which of the nights were formal nights and came up with Saturday and Wednesday. Is this correct?

Thanks,

Ann

FlyingHonu,

Thanks so much for posting the dailies. I was trying to figure out which of the nights were formal nights and came up with Saturday and Wednesday. Is this correct?

Thanks,

Ann

You're welcome.

I can confirm it was Saturday and Wednesday for my week. From what I understand, Celebrity tries to keep the formals on sea days.

Also, the second formal night we had lobster, baked Alaska, and the parade that the servers do. And the MDR brunch was on that day too.

Thanks SO much for taking the time to post these for us! And...thanks to Darrell....my personal-concierge-cruise-buddy whom I haven't met yet....but sent me the link to your posts! This will be an amazing help in planning out the days in advance! Thanks again!!

Great info...thanks for sending this Darrell! My husband is happy about the basketball HORSE...his only requirement about this cruise was that it had a bball court.

I have to thank CarolinaMamma for starting this thread. I wasn't sure if anyone was interested in looking at these scans.

Thank you so much for posting these! Does anyone know if there is a dessert/chocolate night? Thanks!

Yw. There was no late night dessert buffet. There was a Pub Night (that lasted pretty late) in Michaels' Club that had good Fish and Chips and Peach Cobbler.

Thanks Flying Hono for these. Our first Celebrity cruise will be on the Infinity on July 6. Do you know if the cycle classes are similar to spin classes and do you need to register ahead?

Yw. I do not know. Sadly, I only stepped in the Fitness Area the first day to take a peek. :)

I'm just 2 days off the Infinity Alaska 5/25 cruise, so I can also confirm that the formal nites on our trip were Saturday and Wednesday, the sea days. We were AquaClass so we ate in Blu and can't confirm much for anybody about the main dining room, nor did I use the spa or gym so can't help there either !

I can tell you that on Monday, between the Tracy Arm morning and the Juneau port at 2:30, the SS United States restaurant had a special lunchtime seating for just $25. We didn't do dinner there at $40 a pop, but the lighter 3 course lunch offering was very nice to do before getting into Juneau. They also had a nice $25 champagne tea there on Thursday before getting into Victoria. We did that too which was held at 2:30. If you're in to that sort of thing it was a very nice way to spend an hour and there was plenty to eat. It held us over quite nicely since we didn't do dinner until much later than normal so that we could get into Victoria right away.

For $5 the Bistro on 5 was well worth it too. Never very crowded and while not an extensive menu, the food was pretty good and it was never very crowded. Their daily soups were good and if you don't like crepes, the panini sandwiches were good.

If you have any other questions please ask. I'll check in to this thread for the next couple days for you. We did not do any expensive outdoor excursions so I can't really answer any questions about those kinds of things, mostly we're mild sightseeing and shopping types.

Do be sure to go to at least some of the Brent Nixon presentations - I didn't really expect to like him from some of the comments I have read here but his shows were just spellbinding! He is a little over-the-top at times but I am so glad I went to his first one and enjoyed it so much that I made a point to attend almost all the others he did.

Thanks Flying Hono for these. Our first Celebrity cruise will be on the Infinity on July 6. Do you know if the cycle classes are similar to spin classes and do you need to register ahead?

We were recently on the Infinity for a Panama Canal cruise. The cycle classes were spinning classes. They were about 40 minutes long at most (I'm used to an hour at home so it seemed like a breeze!).

• 3 weeks later...

We were on the Infinity in April/May. It is a spinning class and there was a $12 charge per class. You did have to sign up in advance but none of the classes I attended were full.

The class was about 35 - 40 minutes long.

We were on the Infinity in April/May. It is a spinning class and there was a $12 charge per class. You did have to sign up in advance but none of the classes I attended were full.

The class was about 35 - 40 minutes long.

Thank you for the info!

Archived