Fav Disney excursions in the Western Caribbean ?

CC Help Jenn

I have been pouring over the port of call forums to get ideas on what to do in port, but thought it would be smart to get some advice from people who like Disney as much as we do ....

What types of excursions have you done on your Western Caribbean DCL cruises? Did you have kids with you? Worth the money paid ?

Thanks

:):):)

My daughter was 5 at the time we did the Western. Here is what we did -

Key West - just walked around myself and did some shopping. I heard good reviews about the train you can purchase tickets for when you get off the ship. It has on-off privileges all day and makes I think 13 stops at the main tourist attractions. Google online for some discounts/coupons.

Cozumel - we did the Dolphinaris swim. Highlight of the trip. A little pricey but worth it to me. We chose this one as it is an enclosed lagoon and not as subject to waves etc...

Grand Cayman - we did the turtle farm excursion through Disney. Loved the tour and then the free time to swim. Salt water and freshwater pools both available. Lunch was included and was pretty good.

Castaway - we were schedule for the Castaway Ray excursion but missed it due to late docking. However, when we went back this year, we did it and I would really recommend it. Not too expesive and really neat - especially for kids.

Have a great time!

My wife and I (no kids) booked Nachi Cocom in Cozumel through a 3rd party company when we did an NCL cruise a few years ago. It was amazing--the beach was beautiful, it was not crowded at all, service was exceptional and the pool, bar and food were very good, too.

So far we have the Pirate Ship booked in Grand Cayman but am trying to decide between that and the turtle farm. I want to keep it inexpensive in Cozumel so I was thinking just take a taxi to one of the national park beaches (punta sur or chakanaab) We probably wont do anything in Costa Maya

I did Castaway Ray with dd in Jan and it was awesome - but she was a bit chicken to feed them :)

I have a friend just back from a cruise, and she did the Pirate excursion in Grand Cayman and said it was not worth the $$$.The boat was overcrowded and they did not have a good snorkeling location. My son wants to do the turtle/butterfly thing...why would you skip the butterfly part? He is OBSESSED with catching butterflies at the moment, so I am wondering why you say to skip it?

Archived