Fuming at alaska airlines

Rustys Mom

I booked my friend and I back in March to fly into Anchorage at 7:30 on August 29th so we can spend the 30th in Seward and board Millenium on the 31st. They changed our flights to land in Anchorage at 1 a.m. on the 30th. So we are now paying for a room at Shipp Crekk for 4 hours. We have to catch the train early in the morning. I think it is 6 a.m. I will have a major headache from lack of sleep. I checked their web site and found this: Changes made at alaskaair.com will be assessed a $75 (USD) change fee per person. If I call it is $100.00. The fare is non refundable.:mad:

Barb

Given AS have dozens (I think 20+/day) from SEA-ANC in the summer, is this really the issue, or was your connecting flight into SEA changed?

Flights change, and as you found out, if the airline changes them, they have no issue with you calling in and fixing what they thought was the change in your best interest.

Of all the US airlines to fume at, AS is right near the bottom of the list, as they tend to have excellent customer service.

here are other flights headed to your home airport, be prepared to have to go to guest services to have them look for your bag. In many cases, the bags went on an earlier flight!

If flying DL, you can easily use their smartphone app to track your bags. You can scan the barcode and the app will give you the bag tracking on your luggage.

For example, I was on a multi-leg trip on DL. While waiting for departure, I checked the luggage status on my phone. The app came back with the info that the bag had been scanned planeside and gave me the flight number and time of scanning. So I know that the bag is underneath.

Or, the time when my bag didn't make a flight out of SEA to JFK to Europe. It told me that the bag was rerouted, and gave me the new flight info for the bag (now routing through AMS). Made it very easy to go directly to the baggage service office in Europe and not wait at the carousel. When I told them the bag was rerouted and would be coming in on flight XXX, they were amazed that I knew before they looked it up!

For any DL trip, that app is great (to say nothing of the flight alerts and mobile boarding passes).

If flying DL, you can easily use their smartphone app to track your bags. You can scan the barcode and the app will give you the bag tracking on your luggage.

For example, I was on a multi-leg trip on DL. While waiting for departure, I checked the luggage status on my phone. The app came back with the info that the bag had been scanned planeside and gave me the flight number and time of scanning. So I know that the bag is underneath.

Or, the time when my bag didn't make a flight out of SEA to JFK to Europe. It told me that the bag was rerouted, and gave me the new flight info for the bag (now routing through AMS). Made it very easy to go directly to the baggage service office in Europe and not wait at the carousel. When I told them the bag was rerouted and would be coming in on flight XXX, they were amazed that I knew before they looked it up!

For any DL trip, that app is great (to say nothing of the flight alerts and mobile boarding passes).

Plus, you can use the app onboard without paying the internet charge.

Archived