Interior cabins...

kornuttle

Are upper/lower cabins smaller in square footage than the regular interior staterooms?

You did not state which ship....but it looks like they are pretty much the same.

Interior and Ocean View Upper/Lower

Interior and Ocean View lower/sofabed

Category: 1A

185 square feet

Interior upper/lower / lower and sofabed

185 square feet

Ocean View upper/lower / lower and sofabed

185 square feet

Porthole

17”

Interior

Categories: 4A 4B 4C 4D 4E 4F 4G

185 square feet

Interior

185 square feet

Depends on the ship. There was a time that the inside and outside rooms looked exactly the same, except for that window. I tried to fake myself out with that curtain, but didn't work. :o

Depends on the ship. There was a time that the inside and outside rooms looked exactly the same, except for that window. I tried to fake myself out with that curtain, but didn't work. :o

The OP didn't ask for a comparison to an OV.

Are upper/lower cabins smaller in square footage than the regular interior staterooms?

I don't believe any 1a cabins are smaller than inside cabins. Some 1a rooms are actually larger than standard inside cabins. Many are not actually upper/lower...some have two beds that CAN be pushed together. Some have have a single bed and a pullout couch. Many have porthole windows.

Here's a great thread that should help you. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=839087&highlight=1a

Thank you for your answers, it was kind of an open-ended question. I didn't realize it might vary from ship to ship, I thought the room square footage would be standard. I was just looking at some great deals (on a few different cruises/ships) and then noticed that upon choosing an upper/lower room it would also subtract an extra $10 per person, per day. We aren't picky about our cabin but of course we don't prefer cutting off more square footage! ;) Just a bit curious, thanks for putting up with me! Hehe.

The OP didn't ask for a comparison to an OV.

I don't believe any 1a cabins are smaller than inside cabins. Some 1a rooms are actually larger than standard inside cabins. Many are not actually upper/lower...some have two beds that CAN be pushed together. Some have have a single bed and a pullout couch. Many have porthole windows.

Here's a great thread that should help you. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=839087&highlight=1a

The OP also didn't ask for the bed options, merely the size difference.:rolleyes:

Archived