Grand Princess show times.

cefh

We are booked on the Grand for a European cruise in July 2006. (I know - it's ages away, but the planning is fun too!) We have booked Personal Choice dining and I have read here that it is better to reserve times in advance. We really enjoy the shows so wouldn't want to miss out on them - does anyone know what times they are on? Is it always the same, or does it change with different itineraries? (We are going on the Venice to Barcelona trip.)

Well OK then, I will take a stab at it. It depends. Lotsa help that was. huh? :p Seriously, some shows are one time only, and others are twice a night and perhaps two times in one sailing. In general, there are shows starting around 6:30, 7 or 7:30 and then again (if repeated) around 8:30 or 9:30. There are some really late shows, at 10 or 11, but those are usually the smaller numbers, not the production shows. In the old days, when all seating was traditional, there usually was a late show and an early show for the appropriate dining times. Now with PC dining, there is less emphasis on making the times correspond to the dining seatings. So, you will probably have to wait until much closer to your sailing dates, like June of 2006, and ask someone on your itinerary to post the Patters so you can see what is happening. If you would like to see a series of older Patters, just to get an idea of how it might generally go, here is a link from the Grand in the western Caribbean this last season.

http://www.goldshouse.com/Princess_Patter.html

Hi cefh

Sorry to slightly disagree with cherylandtk but my recollection of our 2003 Europe cruise was that there were generally two performances of each show each evening. The first started about 8.30pm and the second around 10.30pm. This is designed to fit the traditional dining fixed sitting times.

How many are there in your party? Probably, there will be no need to organise anytime dining times in advance as these can be sorted on board....there are a number of threads on this issue on this board.

Archived