visa for brazil

irishjim

Since there's no Brazilian Consulate anywhere near us we used Zierer visa service http://zvs.com/

and found that to be an easy way to get the visas in our passports.

It was nowhere near $285 per person. But it might cost more for Canada, we're from US.

Where in Brazil are you going? We only had port stops on the coast and then spent a few days in Rio so we didn't need yellow fever shots. Those are needed for the interior.

NMLady When did you get your Visa from ZVS..We got ours years ago & the cost was not $285 per person, but it looks like the charges have increased a great deal..

According to ZVS's WEB site, the Visa for Brazil for U.S. Citizens is $180.00 plus ZVS charges $99 per person..

http://zvs.com/requirements.php

So the cost for two of us would be $279.00 per person or $558 for both..That's big increase from our last visa for Brazil..:eek:

I'll look into going directly to our local Consulate..

Cheers...:)Betty

the red tape is normal, but the cost is WAY too high. the $180 is the cost brazil charges. the rest is going to whatever service you are using. try this company. i have used them twice. looks to be $230:

is it worth it? that is up to you. depends on how long you are going. by the way, brazil charges $180 becuase that is what the US charges them. we have more red tape, too. a copy of your travel itinerary is what you need to proivide for your 'letter'. that website i posted has very specific instructions.

http://www.visaexpress.net/brazil/braziltouristvisa.htm

Thanks for this info...I've checked Visa Express out & their fee in addition to the Brazilian Visa is $49.00..So the cost per person would be $229.00 or $458 for two, which is better than ZVS..

BTW it specifically states that digital photo's are not acceptable..

Another Visa service, which our TA recommended along with ZVS is: www.visahq.com

Brazil Visa $180 Service fee $89.95 TTL Per Psgr $269.95 X2 $539.90

That's it...Still will check the Miami Consulate, which BTW needs copies of 3 of our latest Bank statements..

Hmmm Wonder why! Do they they think more deadbeats are living in Fla.?;)

Another Visa service, which our TA recommended along with ZVS is: www.visahq.com

Brazil Visa $180 Service fee $89.95 TTL Per Psgr $269.95 X2 $539.90

That's it...Still will check the Miami Consulate, which BTW needs copies of 3 of our latest Bank statements..

Hmmm Wonder why! Do they they think more deadbeats are living in Fla.?;)

Betty - they just want to make sure you are financially 'stable' and not going to try to stay there (why is beyond me). Nevertheless, that request has always dumfounded me. any one with any financial background knows a chequing account statement can be very misleading and does not show what other assets, etc (or debts) a person has. :rolleyes: No worries just take car of business and enjoy that dam cruise:)

NMLady When did you get your Visa from ZVS..We got ours years ago & the cost was not $285 per person, but it looks like the charges have increased a great deal..

According to ZVS's WEB site, the Visa for Brazil for U.S. Citizens is $180.00 plus ZVS charges $99 per person.. ...

The Brazilian visa cost is based on what the US charges Brazilians since they reciprocate. I guess that's gone up. So have Zierer fees looks like.

When we got our visas it was a total of $149 each ($100 Brazil visa + $49 ZVS fee) so the current $279 each is a big difference. However the current visas are good for 10 years whereas ours was only good for 90 days, so I guess it balances out if there are more Brazil trips.

The Brazilian visa cost is based on what the US charges Brazilians since they reciprocate. I guess that's gone up. So have Zierer fees looks like.

When we got our visas it was a total of $149 each ($100 Brazil visa + $49 ZVS fee) so the current $279 each is a big difference. However the current visas are good for 10 years whereas ours was only good for 90 days, so I guess it balances out if there are more Brazil trips.

Oh I do understand why Brazil charges $180 since I'm retired from the travel Field & this will be our fourth trip into Brazil...As yours was, our first visas for Brazil were issued in 1985 & they were only valid for 90 days..I got that visa myself from the Consul General's office in New York..

Then in Oct. 2003 we got a new Visa which was valid for 5 years & there was a rule which said we had to enter within 90 days of issuance.. That visa was $100 but don't remember what the fee was.. Now the 90 day rule is out & the visa is $180 for 10 years..Yes, you are right it evens out in the long run..

Just looking at my old passports brings back so many wonderful memories for me..My first passport was issued in 1959..Who would have thought then, that I would be able to see so much of this world & meet such wonderful people all over..I'm truly blessed, for having had a fascinating & full life & only wish that my Mother could have experienced more of my travels instead of working so hard for our family..

Hi irishjim It took us 26 days from dropping the evelope off at the post office to get the letter back with our passports Please check the Canadian Brazilian Consulate site to see where you have to mail in your passport. If you mail it to the wrong consulate you will get it back We followed what the Brazil Government site said and had no issues

Archived