Question about cabin assignments/booking

WTMhs

I just booked on the Sea Princess, but it didn't give me a floor plan and a chance to pick a cabin (it said cabins available are below, but there was nothing below) or a "guarantee" cabin box to check. I checked it and kept on moving through the booking process. I couldn't find a highlighted phrase to find out just exactly what that meant. I guessed that it meant the line would pick the cabin from what was available and I was agreeing to take whatever they gave me for the price I agreed to

Anyone know exactly what that meant? Was I close?

Thanks so much for any help.

That pretty much sums it up. The cruise line will assign you a cabin in the category you picked.

I've never done this but from what other say, you sometimes get a higher category than you booked.

Good luck - look at it this way - you'll be on a cruise!

It sounds like you have a "Guarentee" reservation. With a guarentee, you do not pick a cabin, but instead allow Princess to assign one. You have booked this for a category. You will get a cabin in the category you have booked or any higher category. You could be assigned a cabin today or anytime until you board.

That pretty much sums it up. The cruise line will assign you a cabin in the category you picked.

I've never done this but from what other say, you sometimes get a higher category than you booked.

Good luck - look at it this way - you'll be on a cruise!

Thanks, that is what I hoped.

But *I* look at it this way: the rest of my family will be on a cruise (I get seasick on ferry boats), and I'll have the house, the bed, the fridge, and my evenings all to myself. :D Vacations come in many flavors.

To clarify or amplify the above posts, the reason you saw no cabin numbers listed is because all the cabins in that category are already booked, leaving only the option of a guarantee in that category. You could end up with a cabin in that category, or one in a higher category -- the odds all depend on how many cabins are actually in the category you booked. The fewer, the better your odds of ending up in a higher one. Bearing in mind that the chances of taking a big leap up (inside to outside; outside to balcony; balcony to minisuite) are very slim, albeit not impossible.

You, of course, can view the deck plans anyway anytime, without being in the midst of the booking process. I'm sure you know that, but I thought I'd pass it on just in case, as someone obsessed with poring over them myself!

Archived