Freedom Press Release...

Bonnie,

Thanks for all the effort in gathering all this info. I have been so busy lately that I barely have time to read much less post. Glad you did all the work for me ;) Booked for September '06 on the hump (hope it's not to far from the hot tubs LOL). See you on deck sometime!

What I find amusing is that the solarium is being billed as "adults only". In the pictures (renderings) of this area (I accessed it on cruiseaddicts.net), the young lady ankle deep in the cantilevered whirlpool does not appear to be an adult, and the young man soaking in the whirlpool does not appear to be an adult, either!

Well, it was just an artist's rendering, but I think the couple could pass for a young 20-something. I think you only have to be 18 to be in the solarium or is it 16?

Agreed, the age is open for interpretation.

However, given that these cantilevered whirlpools are one of the signature items on Freedom, I think this is one of the areas that the "adults only" aspect of the Solarium will not hold. On other Royal Caribbean voyages I've taken (four), there seems to be lax enforcement of the "adults only" policy, if any at all. I would doubt the whirlpool police would be out in force on Freedom!

It's true that all these articles and photos of the FOS are interesting, but I await the eventual release of the following press article:

"Royal Caribbean is proud to announce the sailing of its newest ship, the Behemoth of the Seas in 2008. The BOS will be the world's largest cruise ship, almost as large as the Caribbean Sea, with a capacity of 48,000 passengers. Guests will be able to enjoy sailing, fishing, diving and sunning on Lake Michigan, which is being relocated from its current position in the northern US to deck 73.

The BOS guests will embark from the Port of New York (forward) and Port Canaveral (aft) simultaneously. Cruisers will enjoy the convenience of a fully operational jetport (Deck 122) where they will be whisked away from the excitement of the full size replica of Mount Everest (stern) to the beauty and splendor of Barcelona, Spain (port).

Staterooms will increase in size, too, with the smallest inside cabin measuring a roomy 81,755 sqaure feet, which includes an 18,342 square foot balcony, featuring your own private pool and 6 world-class restaurants. Lucky Royal Suite passangers will relax in over 1,877,483 square feet of uncompromising luxury. The balcony will feature its own helipad, and Royal Caribbean is sparing no expense to relocate the world-famous Cedar Point amusement park from Sandusky, Ohio to this glorious accomodation.

Cruise prices start at $121,500 per person, per day, per stateroom, and there is a $3.95 surcharge for dining at Johnny Rockets."

Archived