Freedom Press Release...

Titissa, I will be getting off of Freedom as you are boarding! Norwegian Dawn is a pretty ship, but I am not a fan of freestyle dining and for that aspect do not prefer to sail on NCL. There are so darned many restaurants on those NCL ships and I would rather those spots be used for shops or lounges, etc... I know that people who like freestyle dining probably love all the choices though, so I think it is great that the option is out there for them. I just won't select NCL for myself. There are people who hate Voyager-class ships because they are just huge floating malls.....well....I LOVE MALLS :D! Freedom, here I come (well, in about 2 years that is!)

Thank you so much for sharing all the news articles and pictures. We can't wait to go. We leave on Dec 10, 2006 and we're counting down the days - esp. when we see the TV advertising for RCCL. Love that music.:D

Thanks again,

I think I saw an article that said the kids water park was going to be in the Aft section of the ship - can anyone confirm or dis-confirm that?

We booked an aft cabin for the first time because I thought it was going to be much quieter back there. If that is where the kids will be playing, I hope they are not going to be too loud, my DH may never speak to me again. (We normally book a middle of the ship cabin but I wanted to try and aft, thinking it was going to be alot quieter back there).

I love kids, but....need to relax on a cruise after waiting for this vacation all year.

Guest OBAYbee
Anyone one else ready to join me in the hot tub. I was wondering if the bottom of the hot tub would be glass...... How cool would that be.

Oh wow! Now that would be really nice if the bottom was see thru. (I sure hope they maintain that area as adult only, if not it could be bedlam.)

Which brings to mind... wonder how much balcony action we will see looking down from that hot tub? LOL

Freedom will be so darn big that the number of kids will probably be in proportion to other RCL cruises. The place you will feel it, like you do with the Voyager classes is in the ports. I am still nto sure how I feel about huge ships. I have sort of decided that I will stay on board in ports when they get overwhelmed and just enjoy the cruise aspect of the ships and save ports for smaller ships overall and days they are not crawling with passengers.

The hot tubs will be in the adults only area with a swimming pool with a jungle themed Solarium..IT willfeature lush tropical foilage.Guests willing to immerse themselves in the experience will find music piped in underwater and a photo collage behind glass depicting a coral reef.I got this information from Royal

Caribbean.

The Official press release:

Freedom Is - A Family Affair

Royal Caribbean's Freedom of the Seas Offers Expanded Family Stateroom Options and Activities for All

Miami - May 5, 2005 - Royal Caribbean International is giving families more opportunities to play together and stay together while cruising the Caribbean. The line's newest ship, Freedom of the Seas, will offer six different family-focused stateroom categories specially designed to accommodate larger families and groups of friends.

"The new stateroom categories on Freedom of the Seas give guests the ability to spend downtime together comfortably between onboard activities and shoreside adventures," said Richard D. Fain, Royal Caribbean Chairman and CEO. "We're introducing several new configurations, giving guests the freedom to choose from different stateroom sizes and price ranges."

The biggest addition will be the 14-person Presidential Suite, the largest stateroom the line has offered to date, with 1,215 square feet of interior space and an 810-square-foot outdoor living area. The oversized suite will have dual entryways as well as two master bedrooms, sleeping two people each, with 30-inch, flat-panel televisions and en suite bathrooms with bathtubs. Two additional bedrooms will accommodate four people each, with convertible twin/queen beds and two Pullmans. Both of these rooms will feature a 23-inch, flat-panel television, which also will be found in all staterooms shipwide.

The common area will include two additional bathrooms with showers, a spacious living room with a sectional sofa that sleeps two, a card/dining table and an extensive entertainment center, including a 42-inch, plasma TV. Suite guests will be tempted to spend all their time outdoors on the spacious balcony equipped with a whirlpool, wet bar, eight lounge chairs and a 14-person table for dining al fresco.

Freedom of the Seas will offer five additional types of extended family accommodations over and above the standard triples and quads. Each category includes twin beds, convertible to a queen bed, as well as additional bunks to accommodate the whole family. Guests can choose from:

* Four eight-person Royal Family Suites, each with two bedrooms, including a master bedroom with an en suite bathroom with bathtub, a second bathroom with shower, and a living area with a sectional sofa and an entertainment center with a 30-inch, flat-panel TV. Royal Family Suite balconies include four lounge chairs and an al fresco dining table for eight. Each of the four suites can be expanded to accommodate 10 people via a connecting door to a neighboring stateroom. (600 sq. ft. with a 270 sq. ft. balcony)

* One six-person Accessible Family Stateroom with balcony, featuring a curtained-off sleeping alcove with bunk beds, sleeper sofa, an accessible bathroom and shower, and accessible closets. (400 sq. ft. with a 120 sq. ft. balcony)

* Eight six-person Family Oceanview Staterooms, each with a curtained-off sleeping alcove with bunk beds, sleeper sofa and two or more windows. (Up to 495 sq. ft.)

* Four six-person Promenade Family Staterooms, each with a curtained-off sleeping alcove with bunk beds, sleeper sofa, walk-in closet and bathtub. These suites also have two windows, each with a window seat, overlooking the Royal Promenade. (335 sq. ft.)

* Two six-person Inside Family Staterooms, each with a curtained-off sleeping alcove, sleeper sofa and walk-in closet. (330 sq. ft.)

Family-Friendly Activities

Families on Freedom of the Seas may find there is too much to do in other areas of the ship to spend much time in their staterooms. Freedom of the Seas will take onboard adventures to new heights with the largest rock-climbing wall at sea. The 43-foot-tall by 44-foot-wide, free-standing wall will feature a central spire that will add a whole new dimension to the experience. Guests will be able to choose from 11 different routes, from easy to expert.

Freedom's younger guests will enjoy Royal Caribbean's award-winning Adventure Ocean Program. From wacky science experiments and Adventure Art by Crayola® crafts projects to sports tournaments and dance parties, guests 3 to 17 will have a full social calendar. Teens, in particular, will have plenty of space to call their own with three, exclusive areas just for them - Fuel nightclub, The Living Room hangout and the Back Deck sundeck. In addition, Freedom of the Seas will feature the line's Aqua Babies and Aqua Tots playtime programs developed by partner Fisher-Price®, Inc. for cruisers ages 6 months to 36 months and their parents.

Freedom also will offer families plenty of ways and places to enjoy time together, including an unparalleled, top-deck aqua environment with an interactive water park; outstanding production shows in the main theater; ice skating spectaculars and free-skate parties on the ice rink; and non-stop action on the Royal Promenade, a 445-foot-long shopping, dining and entertainment boulevard that will feature nightly entertainment and festive parades.

At 158,000 GRT and holding 3,600 guests double-occupancy, Freedom of the Seas will be the largest cruise ship in the world when she debuts in May 2006. The first in Royal Caribbean's new Freedom class, she will be the most forward-looking and innovative ship the company has built to date. Freedom of the Seas will sail seven-night Western Caribbean itineraries from Miami calling in Cozumel, Mexico; George Town, Grand Cayman; Montego Bay, Jamaica; and Royal Caribbean's private destination, Labadee, Hispaniola.

cantilevered hot tubs extending 12 feet out from the sides of the ship in the adults-only Solarium. Suspended 112 feet above the ...

Scary!

The nightclub sounds nice. Disney does this with a cover over their pools.

I think that RCCL is finally listening. Now there are areas for the children to cool off. Plenty of options for family sleeping too.

It all sounds great. Way to go RCCL! :)

Bonnie - Hope you didn't spoil CC announcement. You really did some Googling today. I haven't seen anything yet on the home page.

Archived