How useful is the balcony?

jaive

We love to be out on our verandah when the ship is approaching the ports and docking.

And to be out there when the ship leaves the port.

And we have been out on the verandah for the glaciers.

A few times it has been warm enough for us to have cocktails out there.

Another thing to think about is that some cruises are dropping their rates as it gets closer to departure. You may be able to pay for an inside cabin now and then get a FREE upgrade to a balcony cabin if you play your cards right and make the request once the rates have dropped. That is essentially what we did on our upcoming June 10th NCL Pearl cruise. We booked the lowest cost Balcony cabin at the time that we could pick out the cabin (Category BB @ front of the ship). We also bought an inside cabin across the hall for the boys. As the prices dropped, we were able to get 2 balcony (mid-ship) cabin's with connecting inside doors for no additional cost. This saved us nearly $1,000 over booking 2 Balcony's form the beginning. It does require a cruise line that will work with you.

We did the same thing for our cruise on Radiance on 7/13. We booked an inside, and my parents booked a D2 balcony. After final payment RCI loaded in discount pricing. We were able to upgrade to a hump balcony for $50pp. My parents were upgraded from the D2 to a Junior Suite for free!

L.J.

By any chance to you know if the blankets are wool? (allergies). Told my hubby, I was packing a blanket as I'm one of these people that is always cold. (but can't wait to go back to Alaska).

Yes, i believe our blankets on HAL were wool. They were kind of scratchy so I'm pretty sure thats wool.

Sara, congrats on booking the balcony, you'll love it!

Yes, i believe our blankets on HAL were wool. They were kind of scratchy so I'm pretty sure thats wool.

Sara, congrats on booking the balcony, you'll love it!

Thank you. I may just need to pack a throw blanket from home ... you are right, scratchy normally means wool.

Archived