Summit - Refurbished Royal Suite

scarlet4897

My fiance and I will be sailing Summit in August 2012 for our honeymoon and have splurged on the Royal Suite 6140. Has anyone sailed in the Royal Suite after the refurbish? Is this cabin refurbished? Any pictures?

Thanks so much!

We were just in 6141 in April and you will be pleased with this suite. All the furnishings/carpet/bedding were new or so it seemed.

I have posted some pics on cruiselinerooms dot com

Have a great cruise.

Also, we did not care for the foam pillows...DW likes tempurpedic and I like feather...the butler provided 2 of each for us and left the std. pillows, we were pillowed out but it was nice to have choices.

There is also a makeup mirror/desk in the bedroom, but I did not get a picture of it.

Have a great Honeymoon.

Also, we did not care for the foam pillows...DW likes tempurpedic and I like feather...the butler provided 2 of each for us and left the std. pillows, we were pillowed out but it was nice to have choices.

There is also a makeup mirror/desk in the bedroom, but I did not get a picture of it.

Have a great Honeymoon.

What did they do with the shower door? On Infinity it was replaced by double doors which would not stay shut when the ship rocked making difficult showering conditions even worse as you tried to hold the door shut with your foot!

Also did they leave the computer and CD player in the suite or remove them as on Infinity?

Sue

We were just in 6141 in April and you will be pleased with this suite. All the furnishings/carpet/bedding were new or so it seemed.

Have a great cruise.

Thanks for the great photos. We'll be sailing in a royal suite on Summit in November and absolutely can't wait! The whirlpool on the balcony is what sealed the deal for us. Seems like a great way to keep DD (3 at sailing) occupied with her own "pool" while the adults are trying to get some downtime :D.

We'll be bringing DD's inflatable toddler travel bed with us for her to sleep in. It looks from the photos you posted that there might be enough room to set her up in the bedroom near what appears to be a second door to the balcony. Can you confirm whether this is true?

Any tips/hints about Summit, the Royal Suites, butler, etc. that you would care to share?

Have a great cruise.

LOP - Thanks for the pictures. We are in 6141 in August so am very happy to see some photos.

What did they do with the shower door? On Infinity it was replaced by double doors

Also did they leave the computer and CD player in the suite or remove them as on Infinity?

Sue

Shower doors are double doors and we had no issue with them opening...perhaps yours needed adjusting.

PC is removed as well as DVD/CD player but there was an idock.

We'll be bringing DD's inflatable toddler travel bed with us for her to sleep in. It looks from the photos you posted that there might be enough room to set her up in the bedroom near what appears to be a second door to the balcony. Can you confirm whether this is true?

Any tips/hints about Summit, the Royal Suites, butler, etc. that you would care to share?

There is a balcony door in the bedroom and that little porthole that looks over the jacuzzi has an electric operated shade.

We used the jacuzzi on the balcony and the bathroom and both are GREAT.

Archived