Handicapped kids

shofer

We want to take our daughter's family on a cruise and she had three daughters, two of whom are handicapped. How does Disney do with kids with disabilities?

One is in a wheelchair and at 4 is still in a diaper and eats with her hands. The other is learning to walk at 3 but may be mobile by the time we go.

What would be the best category room to get? DH & I would like adjoining cabins if possible.

Thanks.

We want to take our daughter's family on a cruise and she had three daughters, two of whom are handicapped. How does Disney do with kids with disabilities?

One is in a wheelchair and at 4 is still in a diaper and eats with her hands. The other is learning to walk at 3 but may be mobile by the time we go.

What would be the best category room to get? DH & I would like adjoining cabins if possible.

Thanks.

Hi they have disability cabins for people in wheelchairs, they are slightly bigger than the others, we took our 5 year old in a wheel chair on the Magic in 2005. Call DCL and ask them which they are (I can't remember now or get your TA to sort it out) The characters were amazing with him, always picked him out and spent time having photos with him etc. He was in diapers but we didn't take him in the pools though (they were far to busy and noisy for him)

You wont be able to use the pools due to the diapers but there are splash areas. Know that if you get an accessible room there is no bathtub - you could try getting one HA room and one regular room this way you have the tub if needed.

I don't think the eating with their hands will be a big deal to anyone at all ! Many kids do this anyway ;)

Archived