thriller powerboat...still offered thru carnival???

marshabear

we will be on the legend in october...want to do this excursion....saw it listed on carnival's website, but when i got a list of excursions/prices from carnival, it is not on there....does anyone know if they still offer it?????

Marsha

Premier Oceanic 10/89
Carnival Destiny 9/97
Carnival Triumph 10/99
RCCL Majesty-Seas 3/02
Carnival Legend 10/02
CCL Fascination 1/03
Dawn Princess 12/03
Carnival Legend 10/04

I called Carnival a couple weeks ago to check on it. They told me it's offered...it's $85 for adults and $78 for kids. They couldn't promise me it is offered on all cruise ships..and couldn't confirm whether it will be offered on the Paradise or not. If it's offered, we will do it...and I will post a review. Guess we won't know until we're on board.

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;06;27;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]
Paradise 6/27

THANKS!!

we did a similar type boat excursion in st thomas last year- was awesome!! would definitely like to do this excursion if offered!! [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Marsha

Premier Oceanic 10/89
Carnival Destiny 9/97
Carnival Triumph 10/99
RCCL Majesty-Seas 3/02
Carnival Legend 10/02
CCL Fascination 1/03
Dawn Princess 12/03
Carnival Legend 10/04

• 3 weeks later...
We did Goff's Caye last year & loved it but noticed its not offered anymore-- Thriller seems similar but we're worried-- is it really rough? We have some neck/back probs but are avid boaters.. anyway- let me know if anyone has done this- and if its a safe bet! thanks! Trying to figure out what to do in Belize this go round!! want to see ruins but don't want to miss the beautiful reef!

We did the Thrillerboat ride last week. It was ok. My boys loved it.....and we enjoyed Caye Caulker, rented a golf cart to putt around and had a great lunch on the island...we're just not really sure if it was worth the money.....$89 is a lot for a boatride that wasn't really all that thriller. It was fast but nothing spectacular. My boys loved it though, they got soaked, music was blasting the whole time and they really liked the 45 ride each way. So, I guess I'm glad we did it, but don't know if we'll do it again.

Oh, by the way, it wasn't rought at all.....no bumps or anything. Just a bit fast (not ever really that much faster than the fast tenders they have there) and plan on getting wet. But, you could do it with your neck probably. It was fun, like I said.....just a lot of money!

thanks for the info.....

is the lunch provided on the island or do you have to purchase???? what do they offer????

did you snorkel and was it any good????

how much to rent the golf cart????

thanks,
Marsha

It was $15 per hour for the golf cart. We had fun with it but it really isn't necessary to have in order to go to the split....I'm glad we got it though. Lunch wasn't included - but we had a wonderful lunch at the restaurant (I think it was called Rainbow something) where I had probably the best burrito (steak!) I've ever had. Mmmm, I can still taste it! The only thing included is a glass of rum punch when you arrive. My son thought the snorkeling was cool....but he's not picky so I can't really answer how great the snorkeling was there....maybe someone else can jump in about that.

Archived