Sheraton Moorea Question

rwdtgb

Hello

I have been trying to book the Sheraton Moorea for Next March and haven't been able to get anywhere (hotel shows sold out).I called Starwood and asked them they said hotel hasn't opened there inventory yet. Does anyone know when March will open up for reservations. If anyone can tell me about the hotel would be appreciated.

Tom

I tried and nothing for 2006 yet for some reason. The Intercontinental Papeete is open through March 2006 and available to book. I'm not sure why Sheraton is behind on the calendar. I guess you'll need to keep checking.

Probably not sold out, just haven't released the dates/prices yet. I ran into that while planning our HM. You'll just have to wait it out until they do. :) You can also book through a TA, they'll guesstimate a price for your room and adjust accordinly once prices are released. IMO, you could probably get a better deal by booking it yourself.

It's probably too early. have you checked out the smaller resorts and pensions on Moorea? We stayed at Pension Motu Iti and loved it. If you are looking for a more authentic Polynesian experience, I would recommend looking around.

Tom,

I had the same problem too. I ended up booking my room at the Sheraton Moorea only a month out. I suggest keep checking on a regular basis. We loved our short stay in an OWB at this hotel.

Good luck!

We had a travel agent book, and I thought we were able to book about 9 months in advance. We booked in June for an April trip. Keep trying.

We loved the Sheraton Moorea. There is fantastic snorkeling. IMO, you don't even need an OWB. We were in one of the beach bungalows and were just steps from the water. Save the cash for something else!

• 3 weeks later...

We stayed in an OWB at the Sheraton and it was the highlight of our trip. We felt it was worth every penny to be able to just climb down from our own deck and be right in the water to snorkel. I think it depends on how much time you want to spend snorkeling etc. if the money is worth it. Also, ask for a bungalow as far out as possible if you get an OWB> Have Fun.

• 1 month later...

We used our Starwood points Feb 2005 but had the same problem initially trying to book. I started in the June of 2004 trying to book and had the same problem as you are experiencing as the Sheraton hadn't released the rooms for points redemption. I just kept checking on a regular basis and was advised 6 months in advance was the soonest I could book but I think I finally got the reservation about 6 1/2 months ahead of the travel date.

Keep checking - it really is worth it although it is a very quiet resort and 2 to 3 nights is probably all you would need. The fish are fantastic and there are snorkels/mask in every room (basic - we had taken our own). The food is pretty expensive at the hotel so we had taken granola bars and packets of cereal for breakfast which we enjoyed with the complimentary fruit plate. Lunches at the beach bar are fairly reasonably priced compared with the dinner options. We did the parasailing booked through the hotel and even my DH who doesn't like heights enjoyed it. As far as taxi between the ferry terminal and the hotel pre-book with the taxi service if possible the prices is pretty reasonable.

Archived