Siam City Hotel--operational overnight-Bangkok????

gorka

Has anyone any information about this hotel as it is what the Pacific Princess is using as its choice for the operational overnight at the end of our cruise?Gorka.

I haven't stayed there, but have been researching Bangkok hotels for our October cruise. The write-ups for the hotel seem good on trip advisor. The link is http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g293916-d305421-Reviews-Siam_City_Hotel-Bangkok.html You might want to look around the site to see the reviews of other hotels that might interest you. If you do stay, please let us know your feedback about the hotel. Thanks

We stayed in the Siam City hotel just this March.

The hotel is lovely and has four or five different restaurants to choose from. We ate in the Thai restaurant and the food was excellent. There was also a French restaurant..can't remember the themes of the others. There was outdoor seating in a courtyard that was pretty.

The shops in the hotel were fun..we purchased some very pretty silk pillow covers and a couple of neckties.

Rooms had hairdryers and you could get ice from room service.

Princess provided a continental breakfast, even for those of us that had to leave for the airport at 3am. They also had a reception area where you confirmed your flight and gave the staff your room number once you checked in so that they could call you if you didn't show for your transfer.

My only complaint about the hotel is that it's not walking distance to any attractions or shopping in the city.

Go to:

http://www.siamhotels.com/sch.asp

There is loads of info. I stayed at the Siam last October on a 10 day trip to Thailand. It's a fine hotel and you can get to Thompson House or the Pat Pong Market (I recommend both if you have time in one night) by tuk-tuk for a couple of bucks. (in Thai money) The Pat Pong is a gaudi street market with everything for sale from T-shirts, illegal CD's, and knock-off watches to every form of illicit endeavour imaginable. (I don't recommend that by the way) It's just neat to walk around the market and look at the whole spectacle. Thompson House has some great (though pricey) stuff to take home. I found the area to be quite safe around the Siam but I would recommend travelling with someone (not alone) and make sure you pick up a little card at the Bell Desk to show to the tuk-tuk driver to get you back to your hotel cause they won't speak English (in all likelihood)

Barry

Have fun

Good advice about those little cards with directions to the hotel (or pier) in the local language. They've helped us out several times.

Sure could have used one in Semerang, Java, back in '86, when the pedi-cab driver went to the wrong pier. We had visions of being kidnapped, thrown into the local slammer, or worse, the ship sailing without us, particularly since the ship was holding our passports. We did get it straightened out, and got back to the correct pier, with some 15 minutes to spare before the ship pulled the gangplank.

Archived