best way to get to port canaveral?

mszpolaris

Considering a cruise out of Port Canaveral but I have no idea how to get from Orlando to the port. (the cruise would be a surprise for my mom)

Any ideas? Neither of us drive (we're from NYC, all we do is take the train)

If its too complicated I'll probably consider a more easier accessible cruise.

MCO airport to PC is easy -- about a 45+ minute ride.

Since you do not drive you can use a shared shuttle service, a private car or limo, or ride the cruiseline transfer bus (expensive and slow :(). Here's a list of opertors who are often suggested on these boards you should contact:

Cocoa Beach shuttle

Cruisexpressfla

Star Trans

TraveLynx

Executive VIP Limo

Beachline Transportation.

Sunrise Florida Transportation

The smart cruiser always flies in at least a day early. You do not want a delayed flight to ruin your cruise! :eek: You can either stay near MCO or proceed immediately to Port Canaveral/Cocoa Beach.

If you stay in the PC area often suggested hotels that include free shuttles to PC include the Radisson and the Country Inn & Suites; if you find a better deal taxis to the port are relatively cheap. Good luck! :)

There are two Hampton Inn Hotels that offer a cruise pkg that includes round trip transportation.

Hampton Inn Orlando Airport, this may work for a later arriving flight. The Bon-Voyage pkg includes: airport shuttle, your room, breakfast and round trip transportation to the port in the morning and then back to the airport after the cruise. http://hamptoninn3.hilton.com/en/hotels/florida/hampton-inn-orlando-international-airport-MCOAPHX/offers/100030186.htm

Hampton Inn Cocoa Beach has shuttle pick-up from the airport to the hotel, and includes your room, breakfast, shuttle to the port and shuttle back to the airport after the cruise. This would be a good option if you arrive earlier in the day and want to spend time in the Cocoa Beach area. http://hamptoninncocoabeach.com/packages-specials/snooze-cruise

The rates are for two guests. I don't know how the rates would compare to booking a room separtly and then booking an independant shuttle service but it does make things very easy to have everything taken care of for you.

Have a great time.

:):)

Archived