Ibiza Recommendations

Cruise stops to Ibiza many times stay late into the night to take advantage of the famous macro-disco scene Ibiza is famous for in the summer months.

During the day, no shore excursion is necessary -- just lose yourself in old town which in itself is quite beautiful -- ramparts, castles, etc.

Most beaches in the Spanish Mediterranean are not what people are used to in North America (endless, expansive, beaches) but rather are pined coves, called "calas" in Spanish.

For the summer season, Ibiza has one of Spain's most famous gay/nude beaches (together with Sitges and Maspalomas), if that interests you.

Let me know if you have any specific questions.

Kind regards,

Gunther and Uta

• 2 months later...

As already stated, Ibiza town is well worth a visit. You can wander around the narrow old streets and go to the top of D'Alt Vila, the old town. From there are good view over the port area.

There are lots of bars and restaurants in Ibiza town.

If you want to go to a beach not far away, then Playa d'en Bossa is quite near, but not the prettiest and lined with bars/restaurants playing loud music.

For something prettier I would go to Cala Llonga or Es Cana, which are about 20mins/30 mins respectively in a taxi.

To fully appreciate the island I would hire a car. Easy driving in Ibiza as there is not too much traffic apart from in July/August.

Archived