Celebrity Millennium Singapore to Hong Kong - March 3, 2013

CruisersSFO

You think that you have luggage probelms, our excess luggage is costing us more than the actual cruise! In fact it has we been recomended to us that we book the free adjoining stateroom just for our excess luggage and to use as our dressing room. At least that would give us 2 stateroom safes for our jewellery.

You think that you have luggage probelms, our excess luggage is costing us more than the actual cruise! In fact it has we been recomended to us that we book the free adjoining stateroom just for our excess luggage and to use as our dressing room. At least that would give us 2 stateroom safes for our jewellery.

LOL! That's a bit much! I am doing ok with my two piece of luggage. I've got everything I need into both of them and just now need to pack the second one with garments on the day I fly out so as to not have them completely wrinkled upon arrival into Singapore! I don't think I'll need a second room as I'm going alone so I'll have PLENTY of closet space! :p

How many pieces of luggage are you guys bringing? :eek:

:) Holidays offically started last pm at 5pm. Spent the night in Emergency Dept with hubbie, ( so really was back at work, so to speak), Hubbie now home and feeling better, knows I will be going without him if he gets sick again, Only kidding. Have planned this holiday for over 2 years and cant believe he got sick. Have worked well on keeping self and Mitchell well. Fingers crossed,

I have decided to pre purchase additional buggage allowance , was going to buy another suitcase in Hong Kong but noticed our transfer from hotel to airport does not allow for additional luggage. Am packing a suit each for Allan and Mitchell, with crisp white shirts and a variety of different coloured neck ties. I figured on this curise we will all have the same problems of luggage limitations and weather variations. So hope everyone will be understanding of us Aussies who will be doubling up on wearing the same clothes a couple of times on the cruise. We fly out Wed night, I am so excited, just got to keep hubbie, who never gets sick, well.:rolleyes:

See you all on the 3rd March. Hope everyone else is this excited. xxxxx

Can you tell we dont do things like this, we as a family we have concentrated on Australian holidays, enjoyed our wonderful outback and beyond, so to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary I booked this and then told Allan and Mitchell. They are both excited now as well.:eek:

I hope your husband gets better soon! To be so far out and booked and to see this finally getting here and have something like that happen can be so nerve-wracking! The weather variations are only towards the end of the voyage so warm weather clothing is a safer bet and I've got two sweaters packed in case but the chicken legs will be exposed if there's too many days of cold weather! :eek::D No worries on repeat clothing! Heck, I may even bum a tie off you if I can't fit anything more into the second luggage. ;)

Thanks to all for the advice on clothing for the formal and semi formal nights. I think I will bring a suit and a blue blazer for my Kaki's. :D This should cover any issues. I'll also have some polo shirts as well so I can switch up and leave the jacket behind.

Just 3 days before I depart on Friday. So I'll arrive in Singapore on the first day at about noon. After reading all the post I now realize that I should have come a few days earlier to avoid the inevitable jet lag. Any suggestions on that would be welcome. I'll push through as best I can the first couple of days. I'm so excited and have put out all my clothes and have just about purchased all the incidentals that I'll need.

Is it worth me bringing extra hangers?

I look forward to seeing you all onboard! :)

Keith (Travler 3824)

Well everyone this will be last post for a few days. At airport waiting to board flight to Singapore. Hope everyone is as excited as we are. We are all going to have a fantastic time, focusing on all the positives including meeting new friends and seeing some amazing things, and I don't mean me in a swimsuit . Safe flying everyone, enjoy a few calming drinks on the flight and let the adventures begin. And to all my Aussie gay friends Happy Mardi Gras for Sat night. Don't party too , too hard.

Archived