Just Returned from Golden June 9 - 16

Debbie42467

We are going on the whale watch with Harv and Marv and I was wondering just how cold it was on that boat? I am debating about not bring a really heavy jacket and just wearing a few layers under a lighter coat with scarf and gloves of course. Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated!

Barbara

Barbara, we stayed inside the boat except to go outside when we saw a whale so we could take pictures. I wore a mock turtleneck, then a long sleeved shirt. Over that I wore a lightweight fleece hoodie and then a medium weight jacket (not my warmest jacket). I also had gloves and a hat. It was a cold drizzly day.

Barbara,

We did the same as dickinson. We stayed inside which was heated until a whale is spotted then we went out to see them.

Have a wonderful cruise and hope you see lots of whales.

Debbie

I thought self-laundry is not allowed in Alaska. It is strange that Golden allows self-laundry while the Star closes it down for 5 days.

The ship can only store so much treated water of any kind, and due to the fact the treated water cannot be discharged in Alaskan waters the laundry rooms are shut down at certain times. :)

This was explained to us by the Staff Captain at our luncheon.

We were on the Star 2 weeks ago and we did not see the laundry closed for 5 days. :confused:

Archived