Sailing out of NYC in December

Mijo

If your parking at the pier put a shovel in your trunk . Being your from Canada I thought I would post a story I read a while back here on CC. Three cars were at a rest stop in north Fla. One car with Canada plates, pax in shorts and tee shirts. Second car from NY pax in long pants and flannel shirts. Third car w/Fla. plates pax in overcoats. LOL. I will be putting a shovel in my van for our next cruise just in case.

It's hard to have a bad day on a cruise ship! Period.

So during the first day you find a sheltered pool or hot tub or do inside things... there's so much to do and enjoy, who cares what the weather outside is, you're on vacation.. at a great price! You'll have some cold weather clothes from your trip to the port to be comfortable in.

On the way home, the last day will be chilly, so that's when you pack.

In between you'll have warmer weather, maybe not hot tropics unless you take a longer cruise to more Caribbean islands, south of the Bahamas, but I repeat... you're on vacation at a great price!

Allow for delays getting to the ship and/or buy insurance. Plan to get to the port a day early and enjoy a relaxed night in a hotel there, ON VACATION! Enjoy! Got for it! Life's short and what you make of it. If something goes gaflewy you'll have funny stories to tell and post!! m--

• 1 month later...

Hi! We are going on NCL on 12/9. This is our first winter cruise from NYC. Personally, I am not too worried about the weather. Even if it is snowing in NYC, the weather will be much better 1/2 way through the next day (barring rain or some weird weather pattern). I lived in Florida for 15 years and January is an excellent time to be there as well as the Bahamas. Pack a sweater and a light jacket and you should be fine. That is my plan...

It's hard to have a bad day on a cruise ship! Period.

So during the first day you find a sheltered pool or hot tub or do inside things... there's so much to do and enjoy, who cares what the weather outside is, you're on vacation.. at a great price! You'll have some cold weather clothes from your trip to the port to be comfortable in.

On the way home, the last day will be chilly, so that's when you pack.

In between you'll have warmer weather, maybe not hot tropics unless you take a longer cruise to more Caribbean islands, south of the Bahamas, but I repeat... you're on vacation at a great price!

Allow for delays getting to the ship and/or buy insurance. Plan to get to the port a day early and enjoy a relaxed night in a hotel there, ON VACATION! Enjoy! Got for it! Life's short and what you make of it. If something goes gaflewy you'll have funny stories to tell and post!! m--

I agree with you 100%! It's vacation! I always think that people take Alaskan cruises and that never warms up!

Archived