Entertainment 14 night cruise Amsterdam

picture

I don't recall this on my other Alaska cruises, but I wanted to check since someone asked on our roll call.

Any theme nights?

(like Tropical Night... encouraging brightly colored prints... on the Caribbean cruises?)

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks for the info, Bill. I appreciate it a lot. He sounds like someone I could enjoy spending time listening to in the evenings. It sounds like he knows my kind of music.

I'll keep trying to get the name. Someone this summer has got to be able to post it.

Ruth - you will enjoy Roy Kassel. He is on the Amsterdam through the end of the Alaska cruises for 2012. He is very personable and will play any tune (if he knows it). On our cruise, he held a talent show (not a competition, just a show) in which 9 guests participated. It was held in the Queens Lounge (the big stage) on the morning before we docked in Victoria. I don't think there was a dry eye in the house after the 85 year old man performed on his harmonica and the two deaf interpretors signed a song for us. Roy helped the performers prepare and truly seemed to enjoy the performers' successful acts.

Ruth - you will enjoy Roy Kassel. He is on the Amsterdam through the end of the Alaska cruises for 2012. He is very personable and will play any tune (if he knows it).

Thank you for confirming Roy will still be playing when I'm aboard, and for the reassurance that I will have a good time with him. I love to play Stump The Piano Player! This could be a fun time. :D

Thank you for confirming Roy will still be playing when I'm aboard, and for the reassurance that I will have a good time with him. I love to play Stump The Piano Player! This could be a fun time. :D

Hey Ruth here is Roy on YouTube, for a sneak peak for your cruise.

Hey Ruth here is Roy on YouTube, for a sneak peak for your cruise.

Thanks, Melodie! I enjoyed that; I know the music he played. I can spend two weeks worth of nights in the Piano Lounge if the rest of what he does is like that.

Wonder what ship that was taped on? It wasn't a HAL ship, for sure. And I didn't recgonize the logo on his nametag.

Thanks, Melodie! I enjoyed that; I know the music he played. I can spend two weeks worth of nights in the Piano Lounge if the rest of what he does is like that.

Wonder what ship that was taped on? It wasn't a HAL ship, for sure. And I didn't recgonize the logo on his nametag.

msy Wind Star - it was on the blurb under the picture

Hi

I usually only go to crew shows. but my friends told me i had to see the juggler. He was great. Those are the only shows I saw. Many times we just finished dinner. We were to busy talking (not slow service) I also did not go to movies I wanted to be with fellow friends/cruisers.

Mary

I'm with many of you regarding production shows. Unless there's really nothing else to do, we don't go anymore. I do enjoy comedians and jugglers, though. On our recently-completed Westerdam cruise, one of the performers was Dan Bennett, who I had seen on another cruise several years ago. He combines comedy and juggling in a way that few can, at least among those I've seen.

Usually, you can find us in the Piano Bar in the evenings. We so enjoyed Glenn-Michael on Westerdam a couple of weeks ago, and Buddy on Maasdam in summer 2011. It's also a great way to mingle with other passengers, if you so choose.

Archived