How to get to bus stop for #76 from Frihamnen

Our ship arrives at Frihamnen quay F650 during the week. How do I get to the bus stop to catch bus #76 to Vasa and Gamla Stan?

Getting to the bus is very easy.

Here are 2 great maps to help orient you:

The first link shows the bus 76 route in relation to Frihamen port (and other areas of interest):

http://maps.google.se/maps/ms?msid=200939608343314501629.000448dadb8bebb56f079&msa=0

This link shows the street view ala Google street view. You can see the bus stop in the photo:

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?q=Frihamnen,+Stockholm,+Sweden&hl=en&ll=59.342141,18.119416&spn=0.010307,0.022359&sll=51.056694,3.725411&sspn=0.001591,0.002792&oq=frihamnen&t=h&hq=Frihamnen,&hnear=Stockholm,+Stockholm+County,+Sweden&z=16&layer=c&cbll=59.342027,18.118518&panoid=aPwf80FLtr7RW3S_bBhM7g&cbp=12,259.37,,0,-3.8

jill

Edited by dogs4fun

Getting to the bus is very easy.

Here are 2 great maps to help orient you:

The first link shows the bus 76 route in relation to Frihamen port (and other areas of interest):

http://maps.google.se/maps/ms?msid=200939608343314501629.000448dadb8bebb56f079&msa=0

This link shows the street view ala Google street view. You can see the bus stop in the photo:

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?q=Frihamnen,+Stockholm,+Sweden&hl=en&ll=59.342141,18.119416&spn=0.010307,0.022359&sll=51.056694,3.725411&sspn=0.001591,0.002792&oq=frihamnen&t=h&hq=Frihamnen,&hnear=Stockholm,+Stockholm+County,+Sweden&z=16&layer=c&cbll=59.342027,18.118518&panoid=aPwf80FLtr7RW3S_bBhM7g&cbp=12,259.37,,0,-3.8

jill

Hello! I live in Stockholm and this website may help you a little. http://www.sl.se

It is the transport website for buses, underground etc. They have an english version. I do not think it is far to walk from the ship to the bus stop. But check out anyway. Hope you will have a nice stay. /chris58

Hello! I live in Stockholm and this website may help you a little. http://www.sl.se

It is the transport website for buses, underground etc. They have an english version. I do not think it is far to walk from the ship to the bus stop. But check out anyway. Hope you will have a nice stay. /chris58

Can you purchase a travel card or zone card at the cruise terminal?

Is the bus stop in the picture just outside of the dock area? Is there anything that says it's for bus 76 or do all buses stop there?

Yes, it is right outside. You can "walk" around on that map using street view...that is why I provided the link... it will give you a good idea of which landmarks etc to look for.

I don't know which other buses stop there BUT the bus that you want will read 76 on the front (above the driver's windshield...just like buses in the USA), so not to worry. Wait for bus #76 & hop on.

jill

Edited by dogs4fun

Can you purchase a travel card or zone card at the cruise terminal?

in 2007, I docked at Frihamnen, there was a little TI desk inside the small souvenir shop that is open on days there is a ship docked there. I bought my Stockholm Card there.

I read recently that someone else just emailed the Stockholm Tourist Info about there being a TI stand at Frihamnen this year, and they received a response that said that when ships are docked there, the desk will be open to purchse cards, etc.

You can email them yourself at touristinfo@stockholm.se

in 2007, I docked at Frihamnen, there was a little TI desk inside the small souvenir shop that is open on days there is a ship docked there. I bought my Stockholm Card there.

I read recently that someone else just emailed the Stockholm Tourist Info about there being a TI stand at Frihamnen this year, and they received a response that said that when ships are docked there, the desk will be open to purchse cards, etc.

Thanks--I hope folks know that they cannot buy tickets on the bus itself!

Is the bus stop in the picture just outside of the dock area? Is there anything that says it's for bus 76 or do all buses stop there?

take a look at this map: http://sl.se/scripts/kartor-geografiska/7510.Innerstan.2011.html

the -'s which is vertically connected with the red/blue lines indicates a bus stop.

The red sqaures with a numer indicates what bus line(s) that uses the route.

Edited by Desdichado62

The Tourist Information Booth was till at Frihamnen in early June this year... I believe it is credit cards only.

I believe most 'bus stops' show the buses that use that bus stop along with an itinerary.

yeah that is correct se link. the white board with the red stripe

at the top will show what buses that will stop at that particular stop.

Edited by Desdichado62

Thanks--I hope folks know that they cannot buy tickets on the bus itself!

Hi, I have read that on a previous post, is there an office where you can buy bus tickets and do you need Swedish Kroner ( or will they accept credit cards for such a small transaction....) ?

Hi swcruise

I’ve just got back from cruising on Vision of the Seas. We disembarked in Stockholm Frihamnen. There is a Tourist Information just before you leave the Cruise Terminal (on the right side). We bought two 24h Bus/Metro Tickets but you can also get the other ticktes and the Stockholm card there. They don’t accept any cash – just credit cards. Hope this helps.

Have a great cruise and enjoy Stockholm – we did :) !

Hi swcruise

I’ve just got back from cruising on Vision of the Seas. We disembarked in Stockholm Frihamnen. There is a Tourist Information just before you leave the Cruise Terminal (on the right side). We bought two 24h Bus/Metro Tickets but you can also get the other ticktes and the Stockholm card there. They don’t accept any cash – just credit cards. Hope this helps.

Thank you for this information, it is most helpful. Am planning our shore excursions DIY and this is really useful to get us up and running when we leave the ship. Just hope the weather wil be kind to us..

• 2 weeks later...
Hi swcruise

Hi again 2 bug,

I have just realised that our VOS sailing is advertised to arrive at the Stasdgarden port and not Frihamnen. Did your port dock as advertised, or was there change. Tks for your feedback..

• 1 year later...
We will arrive in Frihamnen on royal caribbean in late may. we want to go to hop on hop off boat. can we take #76 to gamla stan and then get hop on hopoff there?

Yes that is possible. the HoHo boats stops at both the Royal palace (designated Skeppsbron at the map link) and at Slussen.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/59.3270021,18.0743491/Stockholm+Slussen+kajen/@59.3245741,18.0766084,1102m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m9!4m8!1m0!1m5!1m1!1s0x465f77fccfb0f271:0x94cd8ffc9c79fd35!2m2!1d18.074621!2d59.3217!3e2

Another option would be to get off bus #76 at Djurgårdsbron and then walk about 600m to the HoHo stop at Vasamuseet.

However only the HoHo service provided by Strömma stops at Vasa.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/59.3319104,18.0931256/59.3278284,18.0901651/@59.3312018,18.0953781,734m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m4!4m3!1m0!1m0!3e2

Edited by Desdichado62

Thank you very much. Do you know about how long it would take on #76 from Frihamnen to Royal Palace in Gamla Stan, to get the hoho? And do you have any thoughts which of the 2 hohos are better. what are their names?

The journey would take about 15 minutes.

This year there are three HoHo boat services.

Strömma

Royal Sightseeing (owned by Strömma since late autumn 2013).

Red Boats sightseeing (this is their first year).

I don't know which one is the best but I don't think there is much difference between them.

We had an overnight stop in Stockholm last September. We walked to the 76 bus stop, which is about three quarters of a mile from where the ships dock. If you follow the painted blue line along the pavement to the centre, it will also pass the bus stop.

You can't get on the bus without a ticket, but there is a credit card machine at the bus stop. We bought our bus ticket and went on the bus to Gamla Stan. We bought a 24 hour public transport card at a metro station which you can use on buses, trams, ferries and the metro.

We found the Stockholm transport system very easy to use. The second day we used our passes to take the 76 bus to the Vasa museum.

You can't get on the bus without a ticket, but there is a credit card machine at the bus stop. We bought our bus ticket and went on the bus to Gamla Stan. We bought a 24 hour public transport card at a metro station which you can use on buses, trams, ferries and the metro.

Please correct me if I am wrong but this is the advice I was given, in answer to the same question, on another thread

Quote:-

"I would go with the 1 day ticket. It cost 8 euros and can be bought from the bus driver. Bus drivers accept cash only and banknotes greater than the 20 may be refused (as well as payments made with more than 50 separate coins). You can check the prices for other tickets at

https://www.hsl.fi/en/tickets-and-fares

And what I read on the web site

Quote:-

"Day tickets available also from ticket machines and onboard.

Helsinki internal and regional day tickets are available also from ticket machines: the pink single ticket machines sell one day tickets for adults, the blue full-range ticket machines sell 1-7 day tickets for adults and children. Drivers and conductors sell one day tickets for adults and children.

Tickets purchased from ticket machines and drivers are paper tickets, which are valid from the moment of purchase".

I understand that to use a card in a machine it needs to be 'chip and pin' or at least have a chip. Is this correct ?

Anni.

Edited by Travelanni
Missing emphasis

@Anni, this is Stockholm not Helsinki. ;)

In Stockholm buses and trams does NOT accept cash or credit cards, you have to have a valid ticket, travelpass or etc before you go onto the bus/tram.

Edited by Desdichado62

@Anni, this is Stockholm not Helsinki. ;)

In Stockholm buses and trams does NOT accept cash or credit cards, you have to have a valid ticket, travelpass or etc before you go onto the bus/tram.

Thanks for putting me right. So sorry to have made such a fundamental mistake :o. I can only blame it on old age and a bit of stress (problems with a TA and my ticket, at this late stage :mad:. Sailing on 10th).

My apologies to anyone who may have been confused by my idiocy.

I knew about tickets in Stockholm, that is why I have got Swedish money for the machine! Just hope that I don't mix the two places up when I am there and get lost.

Anni