Which nights formal? Mediterranean Venice on Solstice

ajaxup

Does anyone know which nights are fomal on the 12 night Mediterranean Venice cruise on Solstice? I asked my Celebrity reservation person but they told me that the nights might vary and they were unable to give me a guess.

It's almost ALWAYS the second night, the second to last night, and a sea day in between.

So by that formula, those of us on the Solstice Venice/Med cruise will have our first formal night when we sail out of Cannes, then maybe the night after we leave Naples, and the night before we arrive back in Barcelona. Sounds good to me. :D

So by that formula, those of us on the Solstice Venice/Med cruise will have our first formal night when we sail out of Cannes, then maybe the night after we leave Naples, and the night before we arrive back in Barcelona. Sounds good to me. :D

Not sure about that last part--it's the second to the last night, never the last night. What's the date of your cruise and I will look it up.

We just was on the Silhouette on the 13 day Adriatic cruise. We were in Venice on May 30 through the early evening of the 31st and the first formal was on June 1. If they did it the second day there wouldn't have been time for the drill and then for pictures and to get ready for formal wear. Hope this helps.

Well, the OP is asking about a cruise that departs and returns to Barcelona I believe. Obviously if there's an overnight at the port of departure, things change. Looking at what I believe is the itinerary, it is most likely Day 2, Day 5 and Day 11, which are all sea days.

On our last cruise, they were detecting rough weather ahead and changed the middle formal night to one that was expected to be less turbulent, made an announcement on board and also in the Daily to that effect. I didn't notice any difference in the turbulence between the nights so I suspect there was another reason but it made no difference to us.

• 1 month later...

Just returned from the June 28 Med/Venice sailing. They had 2 formals, 1 cocktail, and the rest were smart casual evenings.

The cocktail attire was day 2 in Cannes, suggested attire was cocktail dress for the ladies, jacket for the gentlemen with formal attire listed as optional.

The first formal was day 6, our first day at sea,day after naples.

Second formal was day 11 second day at sea,day after croatia and second to last day of the cruise.

Archived