Just back from the Caribbean Princess today!...any questions?

2CruiseNow

The only group I remember is "Tenacity" in Club Fusion. We didn't actually hear them play...I just remember the name of the group. Our favorite was Bert Stratton in Crooner's Lounge. He is a definate "must see"! What a terrific performer!! We enjoyed him so much that we went to hear him play/sing almost every night!

We had cabin C702 on the Caribe deck. Loved it because of the oversize balcony! Our cabin steward was Sumeth and he was awesome. If anyone sees him soon please tell him that Mark and Susan say Hi!

Yes, they do have soda drink cards and they are $27.00. We thought they were well worth the price since we are both Diet Coke fans!

What did you think about the size of the ship? Did it feel crowded, especially in the pool areas?

We just got off the Diamond Princess and really loved that fact that it never felt crowded, even in the pool areas, since Princess has so many pools.

We've planned the Coral Princess for next year but the Caribbean Princess could be next!

Glad to hear you had a great time. We're booked in C706, can you tell me what kind of furniture you had on the balcony? I was wondering if they have a lounger there already, or if I have to request one.

Pat, I saw your question to the OP. When are you cruising the Caribbean Princess? You will have to let us know about your cruise on return. Hope to see you soon at a Tampa Cruise Critic get together.

Cathy

The movies playing at night were Shall We Dance and The Incredibles. You need to reserve a seat in advance for those and they will deliver tickets to your stateroom. During the day they play other movies...older releases...like "Grease".

The CB has lots of pools and we never had a problem finding a chair. The most poplular pools seemed to be the Calypso pool (where MUTS is) and the Neptune pool (where the band plays). Those were crowded around the main level, but if you don't mind going up a few levels you won't have any trouble finding lounge chairs and most of the time you still have a view of the pool and the ocean. I actually prefer being a little higher...more of a breeze up there! :)

Our balcony had 4 chairs and a couple of tables. If you want a lounger, you'll need to request one. I love a balcony...especially ordering room service and having breakfast out there every morning! Ahhhhh...I miss it already!

Hi! Happy to hear you had a great cruise! Thank you for taking the time out to answer questions!!! Do you remember anything that was offered on the room service menu?? Can't wait till September!! Thanks for the info! ;)

Hi--I appreciate your willingness to answer questions. I have been looking at a link to menus from the ship and also Princess Patters from the end of March. Do you remember when they had sushi in the buffet? And did they call it Rice Table Buffet? Also do you remember what was on the buffet when they called it "Down Island Hunters Spread". I didn't catch if you were on the Eastern or Western itinerary, but on the Eastern it was on Wed. night after St. Martin, if that helps.

We will be on the Caribbean Princess in 20 Days and for the first time are using PC dining. I am trying to plan somewhat so that if I need to make reservations or if we just have a long wait I can be prepared.

Thanks in advance,

Lori

The tables on the balcony are not that large. They are small plastic tables that you would normally see sitting beside a chair on a patio. We had a champagne breakfast on our balcony one morning and it included a LOT of food. We managed nicely by making use of both of the tables side by side. You'll be a little crowded but it's not bad.

We did not use room service for dinner...just breakfast so I really can't tell you what's on the menu other than that. Room service for breakfast is mainly a continental breakfast...pastries, cereal, fruit, juice, and coffee. But of course you can always send someone (like dear old hubby :) ) to go to the Horizon buffet and bring you back all kinds of goodies! Not exactly room service for him but it will work just like room service for you! :)

Yes, they do have sushi ( my husband loved it) but I can not remember what night it was served on...sorry.

The Seafood Feast the day of departure was incredible! You don't want to miss it! Crab legs, lobster, shrimp...all you can eat...we were stuffed by the time we finished. The German buffet night was great too!

On about our 3rd day we met some really nice, fun, people who asked us to join their table in the Dining Room every night so that put an end to our dining at the buffet restaurants. But I must say I really, really do like Personal Choice Dining. It gives you so many options (time and place). My only advice to you (if you have PC) is to make sure you make a reservation on Formal Nights if you want to eat in the dining room. We were behind some people that did not have a reservation and they were going to have to wait an hour for a table (this was at 6:00 and there were just 2 of them!).

The tables on the balcony are not that large. They are small plastic tables that you would normally see sitting beside a chair on a patio. We had a champagne breakfast on our balcony one morning and it included a LOT of food. We managed nicely by making use of both of the tables side by side. You'll be a little crowded but it's not bad.

We did not use room service for dinner...just breakfast so I really can't tell you what's on the menu other than that. Room service for breakfast is mainly a continental breakfast...pastries, cereal, fruit, juice, and coffee. But of course you can always send someone (like dear old hubby :) ) to go to the Horizon buffet and bring you back all kinds of goodies! Not exactly room service for him but it will work just like room service for you! :)

Yes, they do have sushi ( my husband loved it) but I can not remember what night it was served on...sorry.

The Seafood Feast the day of departure was incredible! You don't want to miss it! Crab legs, lobster, shrimp...all you can eat...we were stuffed by the time we finished. The German buffet night was great too!

On about our 3rd day we met some really nice, fun, people who asked us to join their table in the Dining Room every night so that put an end to our dining at the buffet restaurants. But I must say I really, really do like Personal Choice Dining. It gives you so many options (time and place). My only advice to you (if you have PC) is to make sure you make a reservation on Formal Nights if you want to eat in the dining room. We were behind some people that did not have a reservation and they were going to have to wait an hour for a table (this was at 6:00 and there were just 2 of them!).

On the first day, I've been told is the best time to make all my reservations. Where do I make my reservations?

We heard about the wait on formal night too, but that seemed to be only if you wanted a private table. We were willing to be seated with others and had no problems. You make reservations once onboard with the Matrie'd (sp).

One thing that I would like to note is that this cruise was definately full of couples that seemed to stick together for most events.

We did order room service one evening for dinner, we called and had a menu delivered to our room from the main dining room. The actual room service menu was very limited to things such as sandwiches and salads.

We were able to find seating near the Neptune pool most days, except the last sea day. That day we ended up on a higher deck.

The group near the Neptune pool was Tenacity. The group in the Explorer lounge was Sous Vil Plat (or something of that nature). There was also another group that would appear every once in a while called Derringer. None stood out to me as anything special.

Bert Stratton did draw a huge crowd in Crooners. And if you happen to stop at the bar near Crooners, please order Strawberry Daquiries from Zoltan. He made the best on the ship (tell him we sent you to him;))

There was a juggler, and a couple comedians. We enjoyed Troy as a comedian, but he left the ship 1/2 way through the cruise, so I am not sure if he was planning on coming back. Kimika was on this ship, but the routine was very, very similar to the routine I saw on the Grand 3 years ago. There was also a hypnotist. The midnight viewing with new material, didn't seem to be much different at all from the original show.

We did go to Skywalkers most night, but it didn't seem to have much going on until later in the evening (after midnight). The crew flirted a lot. But I am sure that they do that with most women aboard. It was very flattering, nonetheless.

We had cabin E406. An obstructed window view. The obstruction was mainly a few poles. It was dead center on the ship with the life boats on each side. We enjoyed having a view and it was nicer than the inside room I had experienced on the Grand.

Just FYI (for people who keep track of these things, lol). I am 31 and my friend was 23. We are both single females.

If you are going to St. Maarten I can not rave enough about the great time we had on Lord Sheffield's boat. This was a tour we made arrangements for on our own, but it is well worth it. My friend got to drive the boat all the way back from where we anchored. They had food (ribs, mussels, cheese, fruit) and beverages (any kind you can imagine ). It was very personalized. There was snorkle equipment available for you to use.

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to contact me and I would be happy to answer them :-)

Calla

Hi--I appreciate your willingness to answer questions. I have been looking at a link to menus from the ship and also Princess Patters from the end of March. Do you remember when they had sushi in the buffet? And did they call it Rice Table Buffet? Also do you remember what was on the buffet when they called it "Down Island Hunters Spread". I didn't catch if you were on the Eastern or Western itinerary, but on the Eastern it was on Wed. night after St. Martin, if that helps.

We will be on the Caribbean Princess in 20 Days and for the first time are using PC dining. I am trying to plan somewhat so that if I need to make reservations or if we just have a long wait I can be prepared.

Thanks in advance,

Lori

Hi I just got back on the Caribbean princess on saturday 5-7 and just wanted to let you know that if you want to sit at a table alone in the dining room you need a reservation. we were never told and had to sit with other people. also if you don't want to pay $100 for dinner on the balcony, just order room service from sterling steak house( $15 pp) and just have it on your balcony. that is what we did. just minus the flower and a picture.

you can ask your room steward for an egg crate for your bed and cushions for your lounge chairs. we got our room steward to get the cushions that fit the lounge chairs the same as on the decks (all the way, instead of partially.) we just tipped him extra from the beginning. I don't remember what was on the down hunters buffet. I just remember none of it looked good to me, so I didn't eat it. Most of the time I just got a cheeseburger.

what type of cabin did you have? Do they have drink cards for alcoholic beverages? I am sailing October 1. Stephanie

there are no drink cards for alcoholic beverages. that is one of their big money makers! but there is the soda card.

and i know you didn't ask about my cabin but i was in b754 an aft balcony, its awesome!!! bigger than others and no one can see in

Did you go to the seafood buffet on the first night in the Caribe Cafe? Was it fabulous? Thanks! :D

I will tell you that i went to the seafood buffet and it depend on what type of seafood you like. it was crab and lobster legs and shrimp cocktail. by the way they had it again the next night and again one or two nights. that was kind of annoying, i was tired of it. i don't really remember what else they had at the seafood buffet.

Archived