Yoga in the Fitness Center

HydroAngel831

I have not been in the fitness center to actually workout only to look. I like to do Yoga but do not like to get up in the morning in order to participate in the classes they offer. Is there yoga equipment available during the day for people that do not participate in the classes?? (ie- yoga mats, blocks straps or anything like that)

Thank you

I could only speak for the Ruby. There was a big pile of yoga mats in the studio for people to use when I went in for the stretch class. If the space isn't scheduled for a class, you could possibly borrow a mat.

Every cruise I have been on there have been plenty of mats available. Both Yoga mats and the thicker exercise mats. Also, I practice my personal yoga off to the side or out of the way if classes or lectures are being held. The trainers don't seem to mind.

• 7 months later...
Any updated yoga information for the Ruby? How often there might be classes? Cost?

Last time we were on the Ruby, the yoga classes were $12 for less than an hour class. I usually go up very early or later in the day and practice by myself - there are plenty of mats to use and no one cares as long as there isn't a class going on.

I haven't sailed on the Ruby, yet, but on the other cruises you could sign up for a series of yoga classes (usually with a small discount) or individual classes. The classes are for all levels and are usually taught by the fitness staff. I usually do the morning stretch and stay for the yoga or pilates class.

I think it is time I get into Yoga. Have never done it so can anyone tell me if you think it would be worth doing some classes. You say $12 a class. Can you sign up for just sea days (we have a lot of them) I think I need someone to help me but don't wnt to get up very early. Are there daily classes?

Do they have personal trainers that you can spend an hour a day with. I really appreciate any help. I think I need to start to really get in shape if I want to continue being active. And we have a long cruise coming up - I would love to come home with a "new " me. andalso my DH.

Thanks so much for any help. sorry - didn't mean to highjack the thread.

You can hire a personal trainer. They will do a great job with you. I don't know how active you are or if you have any injuries, etc. but yoga is a great way to start. The shipboard classes will not be too advanced and remember to work at your level. I don't recommend the spinning because those are intense. The yoga classes are usually about 8 or so in the morning. They usually offer a class on the beach on Princess Cay day.

Some people like treadmills, but I feel like a hamster. I prefer to walk the promenade deck. Get an ipod it has many great features including a pedometer and start walking before the cruise. On board, our rule is no elevator for less then four flights up or any down (except in heels). Keep in mind the hardest part of exercise is the first step out the door. Good luck!

As some who'd taken Pilates from excellent trainers in San Francisco, I found the onboard classes the one cruise I took them to be really disappointing, with little attention paid to basic principles. I'm sure it varies from trainer to trainer, but if I were contemplating any paid classes, I might try one before paying for a bunch.

Thanks Heather,

I'll try a yoga class and check out a personal trainer.

We always book a cabin aft and we never use the elevators. Haven't gained any weight on the past five cruises. And we also take several long walks around the ship every day. But it is time for more!!

thanks again.

When we were in Princess Cays two weeks ago, they had yoga on the beach. I am not sure if it was free or you had to pay though. I am not sure where the Crown is going, but this may be offered.

My friend said that the two fitness instructors on the Caribbean Princess were the best that she has encountered yet. She really liked them.

Archived