Where are the Leaks?

Keeper420

In this day and age, where even corporations like Microsoft, Apple, and Google can't keep there plans from going public, where are the leaks on what is planned for the Breakaway?

Yes I know I am too eager, but someone should know something. I hate having to wait! :)

In this day and age, where even corporations like Microsoft, Apple, and Google can't keep there plans from going public, where are the leaks on what is planned for the Breakaway?

Yes I know I am too eager, but someone should know something. I hate having to wait! :)

NCL probably isnt up there in popularity with iphones ;)

Probably only a few corporate people have seen the Breakaway and Getaway (if any of it exists yet) at the shipyard. The shipyard people probably dont care because all they do is build cruise ship pieces that look like every other cruise ship piece and they need the job, so no need to tell.. :p

My wife wants to sail on the new ship when it comes out too, but its not going anyplace special, so we wont book it until it goes where we are going. We're still waiting on the Epic! :(

currently the ship yard is assembly steel blocks for the breakaway. The getaway wont be assembly until the breakaway is finished

not much to talk about except for a billion pieces of steel

I understand about the actual building, but what about entertainment. Contracts need to be negotiated and signed. What about that stuff. Guess I will just wait until the 28th.

Theres a documentary called "CNBC Originals: Cruise Inc.: Big Money on the High Seas" featuring the NCL Pearl that explains a lot of stuff. One of the things they discuss is entertainment. There is a land based talent group that recruits and hires the entertainment for NCL. I would imagine that they are currently auditioning or training the ship dancers for the Breakaway with weekly entertainment to be found closer to sailing.

I watched it on netflix, but when I tried to find a link for you, its not there anymore..:(

Are you talking about entertainment specifically or just detailed info about the Breakaway generally?

If you are looking for info and artist renderings on cabins, deck plans, dining/bars, sports, pools, slides, the Haven, kids clubs, itineraries, etc., there's a ton of it on NCL's microsite for the Breakaway here:

http://www.breakaway.ncl.com/

If you're looking for updates on the construction process, including photos of some of the sections, go to NCL's Building Breakaway blog here:

http://buildingbreakaway.ncl.com/

I believe I read somewhere that there will be another announcement next week - so maybe that's when we'll learn something about entertainment. Hopefully. :D

Theres a documentary called "CNBC Originals: Cruise Inc.: Big Money on the High Seas" featuring the NCL Pearl that explains a lot of stuff. One of the things they discuss is entertainment. There is a land based talent group that recruits and hires the entertainment for NCL. I would imagine that they are currently auditioning or training the ship dancers for the Breakaway with weekly entertainment to be found closer to sailing.

I watched it on netflix, but when I tried to find a link for you, its not there anymore..:(

You can still stream it from the CNBC website, here:

http://video.cnbc.com/gallery/?video=1139954767&play=1

It is a really interesting show. If I remember correctly, they talk about the Jean Ann Ryan company for onboard production shows. NCL has since parted ways with JAR and now do their shows in-house, with their own production team. If the Breakaway's entertainment is styled more like the Epic, though, then it's possible that there might eventually be leaks if well-known acts (like Blue Man Group) are getting contracts.

Archived