Carnival Victory June 10-17 - Southern Caribbean plus Pre Cruise **pics**

cojuqui

Haha, yeah DH did ask me a couple times if I was on speed. Nope, just want to enjoy every minute of vacation to the fullest. I love tons of memories to get me through till the next trip. It was such a blast doing everything we did. Not tiring really at all surprisingly.

This is one of the best reviews I've seen! You guys did a LOT of excursions! We're doing this cruise next March on the Valor. I'm afraid that by the time I've paid off this cruise and paid for the airfare for all four of us, I won't have enough money to book any excursions, lol.

Your shoes are fabulous with that dress! Beautiful!

I'm also bringing my mom and she'll be 78 when we go. Any suggestions for her regarding excursions, is greatly appreciated. She goes to physical therapy (really just a way around getting a personal trainer via insurance, lol) twice a week and does workouts in a pool mostly. So she's pretty active, but her hip starts bothering her if she stands still in one place way too long. Other than that, she's pretty active for her age.;)

One more thing, I am planning on doing what you did in regards to getting back off the ship after we get on, and get something from that wholesale shop for while we are still onshore and haven't departed San Juan yet. (We visited that shop during a port day on our last cruise.) Did you just store it away in your carry on? Did the guys look in there at all? If nothing else, I want to initially board with a bottle of wine for each of us (dh, me and my mom) and then get another one after getting off for a while. (We plan to get to the port around 12:00 that day and then getting back off to site-see.)

Edited by t1adams

This is one of the best reviews I've seen! You guys did a LOT of excursions! We're doing this cruise next March on the Valor. I'm afraid that by the time I've paid off this cruise and paid for the airfare for all four of us, I won't have enough money to book any excursions, lol.

Your shoes are fabulous with that dress! Beautiful!

I'm also bringing my mom and she'll be 78 when we go. Any suggestions for her regarding excursions, is greatly appreciated. She goes to physical therapy (really just a way around getting a personal trainer via insurance, lol) twice a week and does workouts in a pool mostly. So she's pretty active, but her hip starts bothering her if she stands still in one place way too long. Other than that, she's pretty active for her age.;)

One more thing, I am planning on doing what you did in regards to getting back off the ship after we get on, and get something from that wholesale shop for while we are still onshore and haven't departed San Juan yet. (We visited that shop during a port day on our last cruise.) Did you just store it away in your carry on? Did the guys look in there at all? If nothing else, I want to initially board with a bottle of wine for each of us (dh, me and my mom) and then get another one after getting off for a while. (We plan to get to the port around 12:00 that day and then getting back off to site-see.)

Thanks so much about the review. Yes we did a lot. We helped keep the cost down a bit by taking the city bus places instead of taxis and booking directly with the tour operators and not through the cruise line. Plus we gave the kids options of Christmas present or an excursion and Birthday present or an excursion. They picked excursions. Memories that will last a lot longer than that Xbox game or that gift card.

I loved the shoes too with that dress. I knew a girl would understand!!!! So perfect.

Thats great that your Mom is going too. We went over choices and options when planning. My mom took the Carnival excursion to St John and then you'll see for St Kitts, when we did horseback riding on the beach, she went on a safari tour with my sisters, Greg and his Off The Beaten Path tour. When we biked, she did a nature hike instead. There are always options it seems. My mom seemed very happy to switch back and forth between really active and more laid back. I'm sure you all will find a good balance for her.

I shopped at the duty free shop right there in the port terminall and had no problems. If you have questions, they can probably help you at the shop and give you the best advice.

Edited by cojuqui
spelling

Loving your review, and your shoes, and your dress, and your energy! Totally subscribed! We will be on the Victory again in August. This time I plan on documenting our cruise better than our last trip! You are very inspiring!

It looks like you all had a wonderful time, and your have a very lovely family!

Loving your review, and your shoes, and your dress, and your energy! Totally subscribed! We will be on the Victory again in August. This time I plan on documenting our cruise better than our last trip! You are very inspiring!

It looks like you all had a wonderful time, and your have a very lovely family!

Wow, a subscriber, so cool. thanks. So jealous that you're going in August. I will be looking forward to your review after your trip. Thanks. I tried to make notes of things and document. I feel like I am leaving things out but I''m sure readers will think "Where?" ha ha.

We really did have a great time. thanks , I love my family, they are so awesome and put up with me dragging them everywhere.

"I shopped at the duty free shop right there in the port terminall and had no problems. If you have questions, they can probably help you at the shop and give you the best advice."

And I assume you were able to carry it on board. (We're talking adult beverages, right?)

Thanks for the advice on the excursions in exchange for birthday, Christmas presents. My son is about to turn 10. I'm thinking he can't see that far into his future enough to want the excursion, LOL. My daughter is turning 14 at the end of August. I might be able to sell her on it. Christmas will be very easy to convince seeing how it's only three months before the trip.

Can't wait to see more of your trip!

"I shopped at the duty free shop right there in the port terminall and had no problems. If you have questions, they can probably help you at the shop and give you the best advice."

And I assume you were able to carry it on board. (We're talking adult beverages, right?)

Thanks for the advice on the excursions in exchange for birthday, Christmas presents. My son is about to turn 10. I'm thinking he can't see that far into his future enough to want the excursion, LOL. My daughter is turning 14 at the end of August. I might be able to sell her on it. Christmas will be very easy to convince seeing how it's only three months before the trip.

Can't wait to see more of your trip!

hee hee, yes adult beverages. I took Lemoncello, Rum and Vodka on board with no problems. I still spent money on drinks on board but nice to not have to go anwhere when I wanted something in my room after a full day.

My youngest turned 12 in November and he got money in little boxes , one for each island and was told he could pick which activity he wanted it to go towards. Funny how it makes them appreciate when they see the money and where it's going. Hardest for him to wait till June. My daughters and sons birthday were June and now coming up in July. So they just got their gifts "early".

That's great you were able to get that on. I am so consumed with getting this trip paid for first, I might just wait until December and do the excursion gift thing for Christmas. I am a contract worker (teach CPR) and it's our off season right now. Teachers going back to school in August is when I make all my money (and that's what is paying for the cruise).

I sent you a 'friend request' (?) because I wanted to ask you a couple more questions about your trip and didn't want to clog up your whole feed here, LOL.

I

sent you a 'friend request' (?) because I wanted to ask you a couple more questions about your trip and didn't want to clog up your whole feed here, LOL.

I accepted you as a friend but have no idea how to contact you. Feel free to contact me if you know how.

Edited by cojuqui

Fantastic review. Can't wait for the rest.

Thanks so much!! Where are you headed on the Solstice? We were on her in the Eastern Mediterranean back in 2009. She's an amazing ship.

St Kitts

Up early today for what has for sure become my daily routine this week. Shorter walk this morning because we needed to get breakfast early and off the boat as soon as they let us.We were meeting Beulah with Welcome Tours right inside the Port Zante building to head over to catch the 8:30 ferry to Nevis.

IMG_6279.jpg

We met up with her quickly and it was great to finally meet her. I had been communicating with her for a few months just setting up our horseback riding on the beach in Nevis and then making sure everything was confirmed. She was great to work with!! It was 7 of us doing the horseback riding trip. Mom, my two sisters and the two bro-in-laws met up with Greg from Safari Tours and took his Off The Beaten Path tour We took the 5-10 minute walk over the ferry only to find out that the boat used for the 8:30 time was not running and we would have to wait till 9:30. A little glitch since this would throw off our trail ride time but Buelah was great and called over to the Nevis Equestrian Center and let them know we’d be late, our time was scheduled for 10 so we would have been early so now we would be just a bit late since the ferry takes about 45 minutes. The ferry ride was nice and uneventful. It was great to see the scenery of both islands as we sailed by. DS had had a late night I guess in the Circle C club cause he was passed out cold on the ferry ride over.

IMG_6283.jpg

We got to Nevis and were greeted by a driver that took us straight to the equestrian center. We mounted up on horses and headed out.

IMG_6316.jpg

We wanted to be on the 1 pm ferry back to St Kitts so our ride was cut short a bit but John was great and adjusted the rate we were originally quoted. We rode for about an hour and a half and got two great rides in the surf along the beach.

IMG_6340.jpg

He told us a lot of history about Nevis and the whole ride was very enjoyable. This was the second of my bucket list moments on the trip, horseback riding on the beach. Once again though I didn’t get a picture of me actually doing my bucket list moment. I had a camera and was taking pics of others but never thought to ask someone to take my camera and take my picture when we were actually on the beach. Another memory in my mental rolodex. We did get a cool group shot though.

IMG_6345.jpg

We headed back to the ferry in time for the ferry and got back to St Kitts with no incident. We looked around the shop and had a Caribe beer. Watched some street performers and took the requisite pictures with the monkeys. DH and I each got a couple pics each and then one together for $5.

IMG_6377.jpg

We thought it was worth it. Back on board it was dinner at the buffet tonight just for something different. Very good food and excellent desserts. Mom had a few. It was great to hear about the tour she did today and how wonderful it was. I had booked it for her and the rest of my family so there is always that little bit of worry and pressure hoping that they enjoy it and it all works out. Lucikly it did.

The fun shops had a sale of their version of the Pandora bracelets and Mom, sisters and I checked it out. They all got bracelets but I already have one so I got a cruise ship charm to add to mine. Then we checked out the “More Than Magic” show. I wasn’t really that impressed but a few others in our group thought he was good. I guess to each their own. That was a full day and it was off to bed anticipating what tomorrow would bring. The last port.

Thanks so much!! Where are you headed on the Solstice? We were on her in the Eastern Mediterranean back in 2009. She's an amazing ship.

We will pic her up in Hawaii and bring her back to the states.

Great Review. The cruise I took on the Victory was one of my favorites. Looks like you had a good time.

I've only been on a few cruises but it's definitely going to be one of my favorites. Such amazing ports. We had the best time!!!

PAST CRUISES:

Celebrity Solstice 6/26/09 Eastern Mediterranean

Carnival Conquest 08/10/10 Eastern Caribbean

Carnival Victory 06/10/12 Southern Caribbean http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1659913

St. Maarten

The last new port before heading back to Puerto Rico. We all wanted to enjoy this port to the fullest. Boy did we sure try.

IMG_6395.jpg

It was up and eat breakfast early as we were meeting Bobbi with Blue Bubbles Watersports at the Cruise Terminal’s info center at 8:30 for our Snuba adventure.

IMG_6390.jpg

We met up with no problem. We walked over to the waiting van and headed into Philipsburg. Once at the dive shop we got all our medical waivers filled out and approved. A couple of us had a couple things that needed to be verified that we “passed” the check but in the end we were all cleared and good to go. We were all issued masks and snorkels and fins and headed out to the dock and loaded onto the boat to head out into Great Bay. What a beautiful sight the water was. We were just in awe of the color of the water everywhere we went. A few minutes later we stopped and got some instruction and our weight belts and got paired up into groups of 3 and 4.

IMG_6410.jpg

Once niece didn’t come with us due to sunburn and sun blisters. The adults got in the water first and practiced breathing thru the regulators a bit. It was weird to do as we’ve only been snorkeling. What a great thing to be able to dive deep but not have to carry those air tanks and do all the certification like with scuba. The ear popping was a little painful a first but we got used to it. Our air tanks were put into a raft and we were given 20-30 feet of air hose and just pulled our little raft along above us.

IMG_6418.jpg

We saw a helicopter down there and lots of different fish. Such a fantastic experience to have.

P3210095.jpg

P3210165.jpg

Snuba con't.

My mom did great on this one too. She didn’t go as deep as others but had a ball. She was able to do it and was so glad she signed up. she was nervous at first .

P3210131.jpg

My group got back (DH, DD and one DS) and were so happy with everything about the experience.

P3210113.jpg

P3210112-001.jpg

My sister, bro in law and other DS were going next but my BIL decided not to go so I got to go a second time. I was so happy since I would be able to share it with my other son too.

P3210142-1.jpg

Plus get some pictures. Our guide took my camera and got a group shot but the second tour guide didn’t do that. Oh well, still got some super pictures of everyone. We all finished up and still were able to snorkel and swim around the boat a bit. The kids had a great time diving off the boat.

IMG_6415.jpg

After we were all done back on board we headed back to shore. The group at Blue Bubbles were just great to work with. From communication before the trip to working with everyone’s skill and comfort levels on the boat, I can’t say enough wonderful things about them. Back at the dive shop, we got changed and headed out.

Great review and photos too! Thanks for sharing!:)

Thanks. I have had a great time writing and sorting through the photos.

Connie

PAST CRUISES:

Celebrity Solstice 6/26/09 Eastern Mediterranean

Carnival Conquest 08/10/10 Eastern Caribbean

Carnival Victory 06/10/12 Southern Caribbean

I think you have a great balance. I love all the info on your pre cruise activities. Do you have more pics of areas around the ship? We'll be sailing her after she gets to Miami.

Here are a few more pics that I took around the ship.

Black and Red Lounge

IMG_5638.jpg

Be careful with these guys when going up and down the stairs

IMG_5645.jpg

Beautiful atrium elevators

IMG_6597.jpg

Loved the outdoor chess set at night

IMG_6613.jpg

Carnival Miniature Golf

IMG_6619.jpg

Very cool lit up map showing our route

IMG_6604.jpg

are there any ports where there is a beach right by the ship? I know it was like that in Grand Turk and that was awesome

Sorry, but I'm not quite sure. We didnt do any real beach days there near the ship. I think Carlisle Beach in Barbados isnt too far but I dont really know about the other ports.

Wish I could be more help. Maybe someone else reading here has a better answer.

Connie

are there any ports where there is a beach right by the ship? I know it was like that in Grand Turk and that was awesome

I know for sure that when you get to St. Marten, you can just take a water taxi right next to where the ship docs and go to the beach. It's just a few $. You can see the beach from the ship. i think you can walk it too..but it might sap your energy in the heat ???

Edited by 01 Cobra

You will see pictures of the beach and the ship whenyou open the pdf attached...this is how far they are in St. Marten...

I hope you don't mind that I post this in your review...just trying to help answer the question. If this fails...I will just go to the port threat for St. Marten.

By the way your review is awesome!!!!!

St. Marteen beach.pdf

Edited by 01 Cobra

You will see pictures of the beach and the ship whenyou open the pdf attached...this is how far they are in St. Marten...

I hope you don't mind that I post this in your review...just trying to help answer the question. If this fails...I will just go to the port threat for St. Marten.

By the way your review is awesome!!!!!

No problem, glad to see someone was able to offer better answers.

thanks