Carnival Victory June 10-17 - Southern Caribbean plus Pre Cruise **pics**

cojuqui

Disembark and head home

For some reason I was up this morning at 4:45. I heard some noises and I would have sworn we were docked back in San Juan already but nope, it was WAY early and we were still moving along in the ocean.

I got up eventually and wandered around the quiet ship. Took a couple more pictures as the sun was coming up. We all met up for breakfast and headed to the Caribbean Lounge to wait for our number to be called.

IMG_6651.jpg

It was going to be A WHILE as our number was 31. Some of us had a late night for the last night and rested while we waited.

IMG_6653.jpg

We had booked a private taxi/bus to pick us all up and take us to the airport. He was scheduled to pick us up at 11:45. We didn’t rush to wait luckily but it still took a long time to disembark. Once we were off the ship, a few of us bought a few souvenir bracelets and keychains, 3 for $5. Some others of us walked down the street a few minutes to Subway and bought subs to eat at the airport while we wait for our flights. We booked our transportation thru Puerto Rico Taxi Van service. They were great and it was $10 per person. We waited right outside the terminal with ALL our stuff.

IMG_6655.jpg

IMG_6654.jpg

We were dropped at the airport quickly. Once inside we had our bags all inspected with the Dept of Agriculture. Some of us flew Airtran, others JetBlue and us on US Air. We all headed our separate ways and ended our wonderful family vacation. We took one last look at Puerto Rico and said goodbye.

IMG_6656.jpg

We changed planes in Charlotte again and arrived back in Dallas safely. Now time to plan the next trip....and start saving!!!!

Thanks for the great photos and review.. I am looking to book a cruise next summer and this one is on our list :o

Thanks. If you can do it, it's a great itinerary for sure. We loved every minute of it. So many options of things to do and see.

• 1 year later...

Can't believe it's been a year since we did this cruise. I am ready to go back for sure.

Cruiisin' to Alaska this summer though, so I suppose I shouldn't complain, ha ha.

countdown.pl?image=alaska&name=Countdown To Alaska&date=7-30-2013&text=&ship=Carnival Miracle

PAST CRUISES:

Celebrity Solstice 6/26/09 Eastern Mediterranean

Carnival Conquest 08/10/10 Eastern Caribbean

Carnival Victory 06/10/12 Southern Caribbean http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1659913

20983-profile.png

Glad that your review popped up on the first page today. Great review! I hope you do one for your Alaska cruise coming up.

Thanks. I doubt some will stop and read since it's not the Victory anymore that does this route. Too bad I can't change the title now to say Southern Caribbean. Glad you found it.

I do plan to do a review for Alaska as well. I am excited , less than a month.

• 1 month later...
Glad that your review popped up on the first page today. Great review! I hope you do one for your Alaska cruise coming up.

I am back from Alaska, the review link is in my signature....

Connie

countdown.pl?image=alaska&name=Countdown To Alaska&date=7-30-2013&text=&ship=Carnival Miracle

PAST CRUISES:

Celebrity Solstice 6/26/09 Eastern Mediterranean

Carnival Conquest 08/10/10 Eastern Caribbean

Carnival Victory 06/10/12 Southern Caribbean http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1659913

Carnival Miracle 07/30/13 Alaska

20983-profile.png

• 2 years later...