Lido ro cove on dream

paradoc1

Ok, I have eleminated a spa balcony room and am now torn between a lido balcony or cove balcony on the Dream. Those of you that have done either one please chime in. We are planning to go the last of march doing the eastern iten. Thanks in advance:):)

I had a regular Balcony that overlooked a Hot Tub.

It was OK if you like a balcony that overlooks a Street Scene.

On my next Cruise, On the Breeze, I chose a Cove Balcony.

I am very excited, I think I will enjoy being closer to the water and the shade from the lifeboats.

I have had an Aft Balcony, and it was too sunny sometimes.

I have been in both room types on the Dream. I liked the Cove balcony but there was a sewer odor in the halls that was very strong, and the do occasionally lock the cove balconies from the outside so they cannot be used. I think I like the Lido location better. Same room but much better location and no smell.

I had the lido deck i loved it my scenery was i could watch them playing chess if i was standing at the railing but if i was sitting down i saw only the ocean....i did put on more weight because i was closer to the food and no extra walking or steps to get there...but i loved it...

I had the lido deck i loved it my scenery was i could watch them playing chess if i was standing at the railing but if i was sitting down i saw only the ocean....i did put on more weight because i was closer to the food and no extra walking or steps to get there...but i loved it...

We had the same view and we loved it too! So close to everything, and still had that hallway that made the rooms kind of private and we thought it stayed pretty quiet.

Ok, I have eleminated a spa balcony room and am now torn between a lido balcony or cove balcony on the Dream. Those of you that have done either one please chime in. We are planning to go the last of march doing the eastern iten. Thanks in advance:):)

We had a Lido Deck balcony on Dream last month. It was fantastic! We were only five cabins from the pool deck so it was very convenient. We walked out our cabin, walked a short way to the pool and buffet. If we needed to go back to our cabin for anything, there we were. And since there are fewer cabins, there is less foot traffic. We never heard any noise from the outside areas.

One thing to note about the Cove balconies-the view up is of the bottoms of the lifeboats. Granted, the view from the Lido Deck balconies is the promenade, but also the ocean. We could look up and see the beautiful sky as well. I've also read that in case of bad seas or storms, the storm doors on the Cove balconies get locked, essentially making the balconies useless until the weather improves.

It is a personal decision and I'm sure you'll get lots of opinions. Good luck deciding.

If you prefer sun on your balcony the lido would probably be better....we like shade so our cove was perfect. If you want to be close to the pools and the "action".....you'll like the lido room more. If you prefer quiet and more privacy....the cove will be better. Its true that when we looked up from our cove balcony we saw the bottoms of the lifeboats....but if you look straight out or down what you see is the ocean....which is what we're on a cruise to see. We can see the sky from our own backyard. ;) As for the "odor"....we never smelled it down on the main deck....but we did get a whiff of it on one of the higher up decks...near an elevator. It was a quick whiff....it was gone by the time we realized what it was. It seems like its something people on different cruises smell on different decks. Just decide which room will fit your preferences best and have a great cruise! :)

Archived