LeBistro mushroom soup

wrestlemom

Thank you both for the yummy recipes. Mushroom soup is my mom's fave and she makes it at least once a week. She is Polish and they love their fungi.

What my mom does that makes it extra creamy and pureed is she uses her hand held emulsifying blender. The long skinny kind. Really blends the flavours!

After our first Le Bistro I took some nice dense large dinner rolls and served the soup in those (hollowed out). It was more a cup serving than a bowl.

Also, the soup can be made with less sauce and makes a great sauce for chicken or pasta!

Again, thanks for sharing.

I'm liking both recipes and plan to try them.

I must say I do like the personality of Mrs. L's recipe. Very refreshing! Thanks for sharing!

-> I hear soup pots being dragged out and A/C units cranked to the max so as to be able to enjoy soup during the summer!

Not to rub it in, but.....as I type this, the chick that I'm married to is making------Cream of Mushroom Soup.

Not from a Campbell's can.

She did mention that truffle oil plays a role in her version.

I might pop a bottle of Scaldis Referemente to add to the wonderfulness.

I am seeing two different conflicting recipes.. one as a vegetarian makes me sad (the one with chicken stock :() and one makes me happy (no chicken stock-plus white wine-as a wino-extra happy! :D).

Can someone please confirm which is used? This will probably be our deciding factor in booking LeBistro or not.

Thanks!!

Luddite, you are one lucky man.

Not to be snotty,but.......tell me sumpin' I don' know. :D

Actually, I'm hoping to get lucky later on.......

I remember back when we were vegetarians. I came home from work and there was a wonderful aroma emanating from the apartment (this was Hoboken,NJ-the earwax of America if it was a human body) and I asked

"what are you cooking?"

She said "pot roast."

I said " I guess we're not vegetarians any more?"

She said "apparently not."

Now I just eat.

I am seeing two different conflicting recipes.. one as a vegetarian makes me sad (the one with chicken stock :() and one makes me happy (no chicken stock-plus white wine-as a wino-extra happy! :D).

Can someone please confirm which is used? This will probably be our deciding factor in booking LeBistro or not.

Thanks!!

All three recipes are calling for chicken stock.

Not to be snotty,but.......tell me sumpin' I don' know. :D

Actually, I'm hoping to get lucky later on.......

I remember back when we were vegetarians. I came home from work and there was a wonderful aroma emanating from the apartment (this was Hoboken,NJ-the earwax of America if it was a human body) and I asked

"what are you cooking?"

She said "pot roast."

I said " I guess we're not vegetarians any more?"

She said "apparently not."

Now I just eat.

LOL funny story.. I'm on 12 years so I don't see that happening but hey-it's not for everyone!

I am super jealous of the homemade blueberry pie though! That sounds sooo yummy!

Thanks!!

The recipe I posted (without wine) is the most current recipe being used aboard NCL ships. The one posted with wine was the old recipe that was served in the sourdough bread bowl. The one posted by LenaB is her own interpretation, and looks like a very yummy rendition.

The older NCL version was incredibly rich and filling. The newer (being used now) recipe is lighter and cleaner tasting but still very good. I can't vouch for LenaB's until I make a pot for myself, but it does look good.

John

LOL funny story.. I'm on 12 years so I don't see that happening but hey-it's not for everyone!

I am super jealous of the homemade blueberry pie though! That sounds sooo yummy!

Not just home made. Home-grown. However, in hindsight, I'm thinking you wouldn't want to eat it.

Guess what's in the crust?

Yay! What do I win?

Ummmmm.

Hmmmmmmmm. Er. Ahem. errrrr. Hmmmmmm.

Lessee now. How can I say this.......

Ummmmmmm.

Wellllllllllll.......someone ate the first prize. And second place.

Hmmmmmmm.

No soup!!!!

On a positive note, we have enough blueberries for at least two more pies. Although my pants aren't happy with THAT situation.

The figs look to be several weeks away.

Hey now. I could give a rose for winning! I've got lots of those.

Ummmmm.

Hmmmmmmmm. Er. Ahem. errrrr. Hmmmmmm.

Lessee now. How can I say this.......

Ummmmmmm.

Wellllllllllll.......someone ate the first prize. And second place.

Hmmmmmmm.

No soup!!!!

On a positive note, we have enough blueberries for at least two more pies. Although my pants aren't happy with THAT situation.

The figs look to be several weeks away.

Hey now. I could give a rose for winning! I've got lots of those.

While I love blueberries, I'll take the rose, please. :)

Edited by OceanDreaming2

It's a good thing that a little goes a long way - it would be mighty easy to drizzle away the price of a cruise! I'd rather have Le Bistro make the soup for me - and not have the dirty dishes.:D