In Juneau/Gastineau Guiding Company

wwbill4

http://www.stepintoalaska.com/tour_shore_excursion_details.cfm?tourid=researchexploration

We just did the above excursion with Gastineau and it was wonderful. There were about 12 of us and we had 2 guides, a biology grad student and a retired park ranger. They were so knowledgeable and enthusiastic. My kids loved it and we all learned a lot. I highly recommend them.

I too did the photo tour with them, earlier this month. Like the previous poster, our group was split into two groups and each group did a different trail in the Tongass forest, both ending up at the visitor's center over looking the Mendenhall Glacier. We then went on a whale watching excursion.

I highly recommend them. They also gave everyone a DVD of photos of the area.

We did the Whale Watching Glacier Photo Safari with them last month. We enjoyed the trip very much. The whale watching boats were great for taking pictures. We did not spend a lot of time at the Mendenhall Glacier since we spent more time on the water with the whales (hey, we got to see a double breech which was awesome) Guide was knowledgeable. In terms of photo knowledge, he kept it basic for folks. We booked directly through the cruise line (Princess)

Tim

Archived