Villa & Dravuni Island questions

Hi, I have a couple of questions,

We arrive at Villa at 8am, does this mean we get to the dock at 8am or will we be able to get off at 8? I'm looking at booking an independant tour for 8.30 ( I do realise P&O tours get off 1st and that the ship will sail without us if we're not back)

2. I have a heap of school supplies and was planning on taking them to Dravuni Island as a lot of other people on our roll call are taking them to Villa, I've just realised it's a Sunday! Will there be a church service I could give the things we've brought to the Minister/ Priest to pass on? Or will the school kids be there singing with teachers etc as I have seen on peoples photo's

Thanks in advance

It's the time you get to the dock, although it in reality be a little earlier or later. It takes about 15 mins to half an hour for the ship to be cleared by the authorities, so I think I'd be booking for a little later.

We have taken school things and given them to Chrissy who collects money for the hospital - she said said she would get them on to the boat that goes to the outer islands. Another time we gave them to the group of adults and children on Mystery Island, who were singing to raise money for Sunday School equipment.

We haven't been to Dravuni Island so I can't answer for that one.

Hi, I have a couple of questions,

2. I have a heap of school supplies and was planning on taking them to Dravuni Island as a lot of other people on our roll call are taking them to Villa, I've just realised it's a Sunday! Will there be a church service I could give the things we've brought to the Minister/ Priest to pass on? Or will the school kids be there singing with teachers etc as I have seen on peoples photo's

Thanks in advance

Definitely not a resort island - but you probably already know this. We are also due in on a Sunday so I went hunting for information - found conflicting reports - mostly agreeing that the markets were not open and everyone was off to church. I did find this web site

http://kaidravuni.wordpress.com/ - interesting for history and a local viewpoint.

You could get an answer to your question by emailing the blogger. Not sure how active it is. I am planning to walk across the island to the snorkeling beach, which is recommended. We won't be there until February next year so perhaps you could report back on Dravuni on a Sunday.

Colleen

Dravuni Island is an island of resorts

Clearly you haven't been there. There are no resorts, no roads or any development on Dravuni Island. There is only one village with 110 people.

Dravuni Island is an excellent place to leave school supplies. The school is open for visitors when ships call in. and the children sing for visitors. We always leave supplies plus a donation with the teacher.

Thanks in advance

We have been to Dravuni on a Sunday. They don't have a church on the island, just a school for the younger children. The older children go to boarding school on a nearby island, and the families go to visit them on Sundays and take clean clothes for the next week. There are fewer stalls than usual, but there will still be enough.

We have been to Dravuni on a Sunday. They don't have a church on the island, just a school for the younger children. The older children go to boarding school on a nearby island, and the families go to visit them on Sundays and take clean clothes for the next week. There are fewer stalls than usual, but there will still be enough.

I believe there is a church on Dravuni. I was looking forward to seeing it last year based on the information on the web site I had found but the weather defeated that intention.

4369351813_860a58e5d1.jpg

Interior of the Church. From

http://kaidravuni.wordpress.com/contemporary-dravuni/

I hope to see it next year.

I believe there is a church on Dravuni. I was looking forward to seeing it last year based on the information on the web site I had found but the weather defeated that intention.

4369351813_860a58e5d1.jpg

Interior of the Church. From

http://kaidravuni.wordpress.com/contemporary-dravuni/

I hope to see it next year.

Look's like I was wrong. Sorry. We have been to Dravuni more than 20 times and I haven't noticed a church, so maybe it looks like a house.:):)

Look's like I was wrong. Sorry. We have been to Dravuni more than 20 times and I haven't noticed a church, so maybe it looks like a house.:):)

It does.

4333327985_305a70929d_o.jpg

Church Exterior from the same web site.

I was captured by this web site and hope that the weather will not be difficult next year.

Colleen

Definitely not a resort island - but you probably already know this. We are also due in on a Sunday so I went hunting for information - found conflicting reports - mostly agreeing that the markets were not open and everyone was off to church. I did find this web site

http://kaidravuni.wordpress.com/ - interesting for history and a local viewpoint.

You could get an answer to your question by emailing the blogger. Not sure how active it is. I am planning to walk across the island to the snorkeling beach, which is recommended. We won't be there until February next year so perhaps you could report back on Dravuni on a Sunday.

Colleen

Clearly you haven't been there. There are no resorts, no roads or any development on Dravuni Island. There is only one village with 110 people.

Dravuni Island is an excellent place to leave school supplies. The school is open for visitors when ships call in. and the children sing for visitors. We always leave supplies plus a donation with the teacher.

sorry my bad I was thinking of Denarau.

Archived