Dinner on the Beach

cruzntheseas

Hello Everyone,

My husband and I are traveling to Bermuda on the Royal Carribbean EOTS, 9/16/12 sailing for our anniversary. I was interested in planning a dinner on the beach. Does anyone have any suggestions on a venue that does this?

Thanks!

Here is a copy of one of my posts.............Here it helps you - Miriam

I have had the pleasure of dining at Mickey's Place several times now, while on RCCL cruises. It is down a set of steps, off of the terrace at the Elbow beach Club (you do not have to be a guest there to done there).

It is built right on the sand, with a very classy, luxurious, open "white tent" style. You are only steps to the ocean, and can walk to the water while you sip your cocktails.

I have only been there during the day, but I'm sure that an evening meal must be very romantic, with the tiny lights that they have and the sounds of the sea. (You'll need a taxi to get there, it a very long steep drive to the beach area.) Here's a link that I found.

Hope this helps! Miriam

Click here: Bermuda Fine Dining at Mickey’s Beach Bistro & Bar at Elbow Beach

We stayed on the south shore for a week two weeks ago and I inquired about the different dining options for our 30th anniversary.

The first picture you see in Chris' link is the private dining option at Cambridge Beaches resort. The private dining includes a private butler, 4-course dinner for 2, and a glass of champagne. The price comes to ~$650 with tip. There are only 2 tables and they are on different beaches.

Both Cambridge and Coconuts at the Reefs also offer non-private dining (several tables grouped together under the restaurant) for a nominal fee $100 if I remember right. I'm glad I didn't choose that option as it's not special enough because there are several others all around you.

Mickey's at the Elbow Beach Resort is also a nice spot for before or after dinner cocktails.

After much scrutiny we chose Coconuts for our anniversary, I booked weeks ahead to get a table next to the railing overlooking the beach. Gorgeous views of the cliffs and beach and exquisite cuisine. I would recommend that option for a very nice dinner overlooking the beach.

Being right on the beach can actually be overrated due to the sand fleas and quick rainbursts. We've experienced both in our many on-the-beach dining experiences and having an open-air roofed option eliminates those worries but still provides excellent views. We had better views and more privacy at our table overlooking the beach than the couples had dining on the beach.

There are other very highly-rated restaurants with harbor views or situated in historic buildings so check the reviews on tripadvisor for an extensive list. But if a beach setting is what you're looking for I would consider Mickey's or better yet Coconuts.

And if you hear that "Tempo" is playing at the Reefs lounge or at Henry the 8th don't miss them - they play everything from Louis Armstrong to your fav rock & roll!

Happy anniversary!

Archived