Juneau Whale Watching

Mailgirl

I have booked a whale watching tour with Capt Larry :) on 08/06 at 12:00pm. Does anyone know what the temperature will be like out on the water. Will I need a sweatshirt and can anyone tell me if we will get wet.

:rolleyes: No, I'm not kidding, I am hearing that the temperature can get up into the 80's in August. Coming from Florida 80 is hot and you would wear shorts and a tee shirt and be very comfortable out on the water. All I was looking for is an idea of what to expect...l

Mailgirl: It is very hard to predict the weather. Last year they had temps in the 80"s but the two previous times I was there very cool. All I can suggest to you is to take a pair of shorts and sweatshirt. On the day that you are in Jueanau then plan accordingly.

Marilyn

On our last trip with Capt Larry in the first week of Sept, we had rain and wind and dark skies for whole trip. We had on jackets and full rain gear and still got wet!!! Everyone who came out of the cabin was soaked as was all camera gear. So plan on at least a sweatshirt and some rain jacket or poncho. Two days later in ISP, only 35-50miles away, it was bright sunny day and I had no jacket on. Layer, layer.

Archived