Got the hotel booked next is the Air!!

KruznKel

I know what you mean. I watch it every day. Don't want to book until I am absolutely sure DH can get the time off. Last year when we were heading for NOLA I came home one day and found a ridiculously low fare--booked it immediately. We paid $123 RT from Philly to NOLA which usually runs over $200.

Do hotels do reservations that far out? See, I learn something new all the time.

as far as air-- the cheapest time to book air is Tuesday , wed and or thursday with the weekends being the highest.

Irishnewfie - I see you are 299 days out. I'm not much more than that. I've never booked air this far out and am a bit nervous to do it because we could still change our plans. Not likely but it's just so far off. Is airfare generallly high this far out or am I just a likely to find a good rate now as I might be if I waited till I was 4-6 months out? I've never booked air more than about 4 months out before.

Creole Girl I took some advice from these posts and checked out the Holiday Inn Port of Miami and found them online then called directly because we are doing a pre and post cruise stay.. its easier to book the staggered stay talking to them personally.. works out great as it is only a $20 cab ride from the airport and is like .5 miles to the port and walking distance to quite alot...

Serene56 hehe yup they do take reservations this far in advance.. alot of hotels I had been checking were all ready booked for the dates I wanted.

HeidiHo I keep checking the prices daily or weekly right now they are pretty much averaging around the same for all the different sites... I have not decided when I will book the airfare but I am sure the longer you wait you may just happen in on a seatsale..

Big Duck I have been checking between YOW, MTL and TOR and they are all within a few bucks of each other.. so right now it is not worth while to drive and pay for parking for a couple bucks.. the prices I am finding so far is around $700 US return for two..

I can't find direct,, just one stop tho,, in either Chicago or Toronto... and I hear Chicago is a nightmare... So I am looking for Atlanta, TOR or MTL....

Big Duck are you my neighbour I asked this on another post you never responded LOL... Just curious which end of the city you live...

I can't find direct,, just one stop tho,, in either Chicago or Toronto... and I hear Chicago is a nightmare... So I am looking for Atlanta, TOR or MTL....

Big Duck are you my neighbour I asked this on another post you never responded LOL... Just curious which end of the city you live...

South - Hunt Club/Conroy, You?

If it was me, I would rather Clear US Immigration here put my bags on the plane and not deal with them again, and go the Chicago, instead of going to the "Centre of the Universe", get my bags again, drag them through Pearson, Clear immigration repeat above.

We are East in Orleans!.. Well the bf's parents cruise alot on princess and have travelled thru Chicago many times and their luggage has been lost or extremely late.. I am hoping to clear customs here and not worry about the bags until we get to Miami ... still alot of time to book the flight yet.. atleast the hotel is done with .... LOL the bf's parents live right around there as well... I had to check your public profile to makesure you were not one of his parents too funny LOL

We are East in Orleans!.. Well the bf's parents cruise alot on princess and have travelled thru Chicago many times and their luggage has been lost or extremely late.. I am hoping to clear customs here and not worry about the bags until we get to Miami ... still alot of time to book the flight yet.. atleast the hotel is done with .... LOL the bf's parents live right around there as well... I had to check your public profile to makesure you were not one of his parents too funny LOL

You can only pre-clear customs here if your next stop is in the States. Try Continental (Newark), or US Air (Philly) - Can you tell I travel alot, unfortunately it's usually business. Remember, Air Canada is not the only game in town.

Archived