Need Help ..Price Drop !

vacruzer007

So the rate for my upcoming cruise has dropped, I completed the early saver form and got this as a reply

" the rate is available under pack and go promotion, which only offers IS/OV/BL categories.

in order to get the lower rate we have to forfeit our current cabin assignment and a new cabin number will be assigned up to 24 hours prior to sailing.

Has anyone ever done this? We currently have category 6L deluxe oceanview on the upper deck

should we keep what we have? has anyone ever done this and got a better room??

HELP I have 24 hours to reply..:confused:

Thanks CC family!!

You have the top OV or almost, a 6L.

The rules of ES say you cannot downgrade and cannot price match except to your category .. which a OV gty obviously is not.

If you are ok, with the furthest aft OV or a OV all the way forward, or over a lounge etc.. since they are allowing you to give up your cabin and downgrade to the lowest category of OV (where they pick the cabin).

Just remember with a gty if you dont like the assigned location they give you .. you are stuck with it, unless you pay the difference to upgrade again, which they may or may not allow at that time.

I did it once.. but I UPGRADED, (you want to downgrade). .. and I turned out ok, but I would rather have had the cabin I picked .. but for $120 I did it. I was solo, so it didnt matter where they put me.

You have to decide if you get the lowest OV, on the bottom deck, if the OBC is worth it or not.

Im a little curious why you didnt just book a 6A in the first place and paid for a deluxe OV if you would be happy with the lowest category of OV now? .. at least if you had booked a 6A in the first place you could have picked your location.

Without knowing the price difference .. I cant say if I would do it or not in your place. You now have a special OV, with a split bath if you have the deluxe.. is it worth giving up?

Basically, you can't price match Early Saver rates to Pack 'n Go. The idea behind ES is that you match your exact category. Pack 'n Go is all guarantee, so no category to match. If you want the P'nG rate, you have to give up your current cabin and take the guarantee.

Not sure what you mean by "better" room in this case. I'm not familiar with the OV categories but if Firefly is saying that your current 6L is the top of the OV then no, you probably won't get better than that. It's very rare to book an OV gty and get a balcony or something. With an OV gty, you could get any OV cabin. Make sure you're ok with that possibility before making the choice about which rate to go with.

thanks firefly333 and spacepotatoes!

I want to keep my room, I just wasn't sure what they were offering, if it was potentially an upgrade to a balcony, but it doesn't sound like it.

so I'll stick with my first choice.

Thanks everyone!

Did you check the rate for the BL? If its close or less, you can look into whether you can upgrade to a balcony (but if its more than what you paid you have to pay to upgrade). That is the only way I would do it, since if you price match to an OV, you could be put in a 6A, when you are now in the best of the ocean views.

Did you check the rate for the BL? If its close or less, you can look into whether you can upgrade to a balcony (but if its more than what you paid you have to pay to upgrade). That is the only way I would do it, since if you price match to an OV, you could be put in a 6A, when you are now in the best of the ocean views.

thats what I was thinking, check the BL price. As I mentioned I UPGRADED to the next category, which was then cheaper than what I paid.

BL, balcony gty is the next one up from where you are.

I just gathered from what the reply was to you, that you were requesting to downgrade.

Archived